Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

what way do people think this is going to end up? i would like to see axe win/walk away with something at the end but i have a feeling that is not going to happen. i have been rooting for Axe all along and i am not fond of the Chuck character. however i am sue that there are people who do not like axe and are fighting for Chuck. however i think that Axe is portraying the bad side of capitalism while chuck is portraying the bad side of public service and in the end they will be loose everything and will be brought down by their respective protegees - on chucks side connerty and axe by taylor. i believe that the taylor and connerty characters reflect the type of person that axe and chuck should be but are not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

duffysfarm wrote: »
    what way do people think this is going to end up? i would like to see axe win/walk away with something at the end but i have a feeling that is not going to happen. i have been rooting for Axe all along and i am not fond of the Chuck character. however i am sue that there are people who do not like axe and are fighting for Chuck. however i think that Axe is portraying the bad side of capitalism while chuck is portraying the bad side of public service and in the end they will be loose everything and will be brought down by their respective protegees - on chucks side connerty and axe by taylor. i believe that the taylor and connerty characters reflect the type of person that axe and chuck should be but are not.

I think they are going to continue the whole anti-hero route, neither Axe or Chuck are clearly the "goodie" or "baddie" so they'll keep them playing, I do however think the show has an extremely short shelf life, once this suit is over it's hard to see how Axe and Chuck can both keep their jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

isnt the third and current series the last series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Renewed for a 4th season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

isnt the third and current series the last series?

Renewed

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/billions-renewed-season-4-at-showtime-1106087

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I hope they both lose.

Connerty is the only character I'd like to see end up "winning".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fcuk knows where the story can go at this stage.

4th season will inevitably be the court case. Will probably see both go down, so will be a lot of Axe going directly for Chuck next season. Love the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Wendy talked tonight about axe and chuck getting on quite well when they first met, with a lot of respect for each other.
    Imagine a future storyline where they have to work together to get out of a jam. Unlikely I know but still a reference to the two of them sitting down together, maybe??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

yabadabado wrote: »
    I hope they both lose.

Connerty is the only character I'd like to see end up "winning".

Oh Please!!!!!! I thought Connerty was going to cry when complaining to his girlfriend last week. I keep waiting on Dake to offer a box of tampons every time they talk!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Anyone else feel like kicking their television screen any time Chuck is on it? Can't stand the man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really liked the "twist" at the end of that episode, I was thinking "oh great, Chuck is going to be fighting with the Wendy, Axel is going to be all "I invited you into my home and this is how you repaid me" blah de blah", having them work together is a great change of direction that I'm looking forward to seeing play out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

He was putting notice that a warrant might be needed, setting up the fact that Chuck was always going to set Axel up until the last second where he had a change of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I wonder if Chuck might end up making Axe help him as regards furthering his political ambitions as part of the price he pays?

Pentecost wrote: »
    I wonder if Chuck might end up making Axe help him as regards furthering his political ambitions as part of the price he pays?

It opens up a whole new range of possibilities, if Axe and Chuck go together in the election there'll probably be conflict between Axe and Chuck's helper/mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Not digging this apparent entente cordiale between the protagonists,bit lame.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Not digging this apparent entente cordiale between the protagonists,bit lame.

I think it was more a case of both being backed into a corner and knowing they need each other, I don't see it as coariale more a necessary evil for both, can't wait to see it play out as to who becomes the Alpha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Absolutely brilliant episode.
    I’m waiting for the twist/double cross though.
    Will Chuck really give away the one piece of evidence that could send Axe down?

• Advertisement

Parkman77 wrote: »

There's an 18 hour life span on the pathogen on the slide so he has given it away, also Chuck's finger prints would be all over it, they are in bed together now whether they like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I was thinking that, could be just a random slide

My take on it was Chuck's only move was to setup Axe and if he set Axe up then he'd be ok but Wendy would go down with Axe as she profited from the whole scheme.

threein99 wrote: »
    I was thinking that, could be just a random slide

That’s excatly what i’m thinking too.
    And he’s still planted the original one, and the warrant will be executed as normal, Axe will be blindsided by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That’s excatly what i’m thinking too.
    And he’s still planted the original one, and the warrant will be executed as normal, Axe will be blindsided by it.

If that's the case hasn't he just sold out Wendy?

yabadabado wrote: »
    If that's the case hasn't he just sold out Wendy?

Yes.
    But I think Chuck could do anything at this stage to save his own skin, especially if it means getting Axe in the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Clareman wrote: »
    My take on it was Chuck's only move was to setup Axe and if he set Axe up then he'd be ok but Wendy would go down with Axe as she profited from the whole scheme.

This. They’ve gone to pains to point out that after all they’ve been through Wendy is still, or even moreso, the most important person in his life and he won’t do anything that harms her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

All felt way to easy Wendy using her guile to enchant gullible Mafee.

Gutted for Connerty the only character with any sort of moral compass.

The hypocrisy of Chuck in throwing the book at the doctor.

Where does the show go now??I'm at a loss to know.

• Advertisement

Advertisement