Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just what I was thinking. It'll be hell for Connerty working under the General, and he has to realise that.
    He's taken Chuck out, so maybe now he can take out the General? If he took the General out first, he'd have given Chuck too much power perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just finished watching season 3. Just brilliant. It's the best drama on TV, acting is top notch, enthralling, full of twists, must watch TV.

Killing the chuck and axe rivalry has added a lot of longevity into the show. It was a great head to head but felt like it was going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

It's a good show, but I just can't listen to Damian Lewis talking through his nose any more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I spotted Wags (David Costabile) with his wife and kids on the Rosie O'Grady bridge last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

sabat wrote: »
    I spotted Wags (David Costabile) with his wife and kids on the Rosie O'Grady bridge last night.

Rosie Hackett.

• Advertisement

Rosie Hackett.

Right you are. Hopefully seeing him pushing a buggy through the rain heading towards Pearse St doesn't ruin the Wags mystique. This is back this Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

This is back this Sunday.
    Happy times are here again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭moby2101

Great season opener. Chuck’s character is far more interesting at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Who wants a park anywhere permit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I do love this show :) Great season opener.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Cracking opener.Love Charles Rhodes.

Don't think I'll dig the Chuck Axe love in if it lingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

seligehgit wrote:
    Don't think I'll dig the Chuck Axe love in if it lingers.

Something will happen, it always does with that pair.

Great episode, its like a new show with the new character arcs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Felt it took a while to get going but enjoyed it overall.

The Chuck arc was fun but a little bit unbelievable seemed like a hell of an effort to deliver on the gun permit for the guy we'd never met before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

steve_r wrote: »
    Felt it took a while to get going but enjoyed it overall.

The Chuck arc was fun but a little bit unbelievable seemed like a hell of an effort to deliver on the gun permit for the guy we'd never met before.

True, but I took it as more about that guy spreading the word that Chuck can still get the pretty much impossible done for those who have pretty much everything else already.

I'd have settled for the park anywhere permit myself :p Think how handy that would be in Dublin or any busy town :D

Wasn't overwhelmed with this week's episode.

Simply a matter of moving more pieces on the chessboard.

Axe's highly personal vendetta will likely cloud his judgment and lose him money.

He does gain in a new love interest who will financially cold shoulder Taylor so to speak.

Lest we accuse Chuck of occupying the moral high ground his latest grubby deal with the commissioner.

AG Chuck Rhoades has a nice ring to it.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

seligehgit wrote: »
    Wasn't overwhelmed with this week's episode.

Simply a matter of moving more pieces on the chessboard.

Axe's highly personal vendetta will likely cloud his judgment and lose him money.

He does gain in a new love interest who will financially cold shoulder Taylor so to speak.

Lest we accuse Chuck of occupying the moral high ground his latest grubby deal with the commissioner.

AG Chuck Rhoades has a nice ring to it.:D

Yeah it was a bit flat I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Something seriously off about ep2 alright, the whole robot scene at the start and her introduction was so badly done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

This show has lost its edge

Ugh episode 3 was very poor also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I really liked 1 and 2, but 3 was indeed weak. The chicken stuff was brutal.

Hopefully it gets back on track. Wouldn't be the first poor episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭wally1990

Chicken scene/story was poor IMO too

Pointless story line.

I did quite like the ending though with them agreeing to work in each others favour and seeing where that will lead to.

I think the Taylor plot needs to be expanded a bit, like what's going on there..... They tried to run a plot with her v bobby but it's being v poor and could be e been so much better i think

It doesn't feel like ep 1 is running along into ep 2 and then 3 very well at all

The story line is a bit off.

It feels like when I'm watching it the writers don't know themselves where the story is going....

Chicken storyline really awful.

Very poor episode,probably the poorest ever.

Very poor episode, seemed like they had set Bobby and Chuck up to work together at the end of last season , they could have gotten to this stage after episode 1, episodes 2 and 3 were a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Disagree with the above, this show has always been like this in the early episodes... it sets the chess pieces for later in the season. I'd doubt the chicken storyline was throw-away, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Not essential viewing at the minute, as it has been previously .

Dempsey wrote: »
    This show has lost its edge

Ah here, I wouldn't go that far-it's not like they had a cameo from Michael Bolton or anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What a strange episode, [spoilers]I thought it was setting up for a big investigation into the explosion where Taylor was playing with her morals, Chuck and Wendy going through theropy or whatever, Axe starting a relationship and Chuck going for election, it all just went 30 days forward, hopefully there's a good few story arcs to come through[/spoilers]

Is it just me or do you see the sole of Axe's shoes way too often

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

I had to give up on this show.

Season 3 was slow and boring - it was tough to see it through to the end. Gave S4 a chance - but couldn't stay interested.

• Advertisement

Cracking episode this week.

Advertisement