Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wendy lost my support in season 3, the moment she used Mafee's crush to manipulate him into taking the fall. That was the point of no return for me, where her act at staying on the sidelines became just that - an act.

Not that the show was ever likely to let her go to jail, as it suffers from the same problem House of Cards had, in that the narrative must continuously contort itself to avoid its obviously nefarious cast suffering consequences for their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'm loving new evil Wendy.

If Connerty and Mason end crushed that's the ending I want to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

It's lost it's shine for me. There's no-one to root for as they're all horrible mé feiners. This season seems to be who can be the most ruthless nasty piece of shít.
    Connerty is now squashing cases for Jock, just so he can chase down Chuck ,even though he knows Jock is corrupt.

It's still good TV but not what it was.

Actually, I still quite like Taylor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I love that we are seeing loads of quick wins for everyone, but in the background there have been long term place holders such as what Taylor done with the contracts with the other agency.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

How does anyone think that Wendy was ever a "good person", she couldn't have gottent o her position without destroying people, her whole remit is to get a mental advantage.

I think I'm most looking forward to Wags getting revenge than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Any idea what the elite club Wags was trying to get into was all about - is that even a real thing?

Oh his revenge will be spectacular and very public I would imagine / hope (He's the uncle I never had but always wanted)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Any idea what the elite club Wags was trying to get into was all about - is that even a real thing?

Oh his revenge will be spectacular and very public I would imagine / hope (He's the uncle I never had but always wanted)

There's loads of private clubs all over the world so there's probably some kind of membership criteria/first night thing similar to that somewhere, it's particularily big in US Universities with faternities in colleges, check out the movie The Skulls for an insight (it's a movie not a documentry btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Clareman wrote: »
    How does anyone think that Wendy was ever a "good person", she couldn't have gottent o her position without destroying people, her whole remit is to get a mental advantage.

I never thought she was a good person but I thought her relationship with Taylor was genuine after he was the only person to reach out to her post the S and M reveal.

Her calculated nature is so subtle as you'd expect with her occupation.I'd prefer the oft in your face machinations of Axe.

Her ability to sabotage a seemingly fragile father and son relationship doesn't sit well with me.

I despair at Mafee disclosing such sensitive information that could reveal the identity of the corporate partner.

Wendy using the fact that Mafee has a crush on him and "meeting" him at his night cap spot was perfect although the whole "don't have kids" thing was a bit on the nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Wendy is probably being set up by Taylor.

• Advertisement

Wendy is probably being set up by Taylor.

Hope so.

Kinda shouting for Taylor now.

The rest have very few if any redeeming qualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That is very much a real thing,its Kappa Beta Phi fraternity. Wags thought he was getting to join the Wall St. Chapter.
    A very exclusive club and what was in the show is apparently pretty much on the nose for new recruits .Its extremely private and some of the worlds richest people are members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I hope Wendy isn't going to cave now. That lip was quivering too much near the end.

I hope Wendy isn't going to cave now. That lip was quivering too much near the end.

Can't see it happening.

Good call by Taylor to put this father out to pasture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Another brilliant episode. Axe v Taylor isn't going to end well for either.

Mafee and dollar bill boxing match next week. Ha should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

rob316 wrote: »

I'm rooting for Taylor and Mafee in this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Alot of other moving pieces going on in the episode for the future of Chuck.

Chuck getting his father out of a bind, also getting caught on the Wire tap

Chuck getting the favour from the gun guy.
    Chuck making the Treasury guy a bit more dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Alot of other moving pieces going on in the episode for the future of Chuck.

Chuck getting his father out of a bind, also getting caught on the Wire tap

Chuck getting the favour from the gun guy.
    Chuck making the Treasury guy a bit more dirty.

There's something too easy about Connerty catching Chuck on the wire tap. I think Chuck knows and is leading Connerty down a very specific path (misdirection if you will) while he pulls the strings elsewhere. Keep Connerty focused on the one thing Chuck can control while Chuck works his magic on what he doesn't want Connerty to see.

Yep, Chuck knows that Connerty is forgetting about his actual job and focusing on him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Yep, Chuck knows that Connerty is forgetting about his actual job and focusing on him.
    Unless Connerty knows that Chuck knows about the tap and is playing along too?! This show has me all over the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There did seem to be an implication in the most recent episode that Chuck was aware of the tap which means that whatever he is discussing with his dad over the phone is a set-up to get Connerty; either that or they don't know about the tap.

I'd suggest it's the former as both Chuck and Charles are too smart to have any conversation like that over the phone - not least over the AG's office landline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

I thought the latest episode was one of the best of the season so far, anyone else agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

heffo500 wrote: »
    I thought the latest episode was one of the best of the season so far, anyone else agree?
    I liked the one before a lot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I think Connerty will be gone next season (assuming the show is renewed for another season). By the end of these twelve episodes he will realise how much he has become like Chuck, and forgotten himself and the principles for which he got into practicing law.

If I could ask the showrunners of Billions one question it would be why has it taken eight episodes into this season for the Axe v Taylor storyline to actually get to any sort of confrontation between the two? I think the latest episode was only the second time all season that the two of them have interacted at all this season and the first time was just a conversation. That phone in bit was really good & exactly what I want form this show, over the top dramatic situations with scenery chewing performances. Throw in the comic relief of Maffee v Dollar Bill in a boxing match and we have entertainment.

I like the fact that it took so long for Taylor and Axe to get into conflict, Taylor is a new shop that would need lots of time to get up to speed, now they are up to speed they are a challenge.

How long did it take us to see Ax and Chuck confront each other? Was it the last episode of S1?

I like the fact that it took so long for Taylor and Axe to get into conflict, Taylor is a new shop that would need lots of time to get up to speed, now they are up to speed they are a challenge.
    Yeah good point actually, I hadn't thought of it like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Stipe's tactics "Just knock em out!". Thats the kind of tactics that lost you the belt buddy. :p

Advertisement