Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billions [Showtime] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Another great episode this week - as said above the highlight being the TV show between Axe and Taylor.

Best thing on TV at the moment imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 5th Season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renewed for 5th Season

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Loving this season, has been great.

Great to see another season coming!

A reminder to all that there will be no episode next Sunday the 19th probably to avoid clashing with the Game Of Thrones finale. It will be back May 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Enjoyable enough fare,I am finding the tit for tat one upmanship a tad tiresome with no obvious real end game in sight.

The whole storyline with the human excrement was a bit silly.

Keeping the fingers crossed Wendy is stroke off,she's well deserving of same.

Funny moments Spiro attempting to explain brushing off the female employee's mammary gland by accident.

Enjoyed Dollar Bill's tryst and interaction with Bonnie.

Find the Axe Rebecca romance pretty nauseating,true good to be true.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I'm liking this new obsessive Taylor that's getting consumed by the war which should keep things interesting. Far less blah than before.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Can't believe yer man didn't realise Axe and Rebecca were playing him to get him to choose them over Taylor. It was so obvious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What I didn't like about the train thing was surely that train stinks like that the whole time, if the stench is so bad that it can make farmhands vomit from a few hundred yards surely all the towns along the way would have complained.

I'm liking this season, it's not just about making money now it's about getting one up on the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Clareman wrote: »

I'm liking this season, it's not just about making money now it's about getting one up on the opposition.

Its about power for these guys, they already have more money than they can spend ever. The money is just a number that relates to how powerful they are.

Its currently the best show on TV imo, vindictive rich people going head to head its great to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What I didn't like about the train thing was surely that train stinks like that the whole time, if the stench is so bad that it can make farmhands vomit from a few hundred yards surely all the towns along the way would have complained.

They said that the waste is frozen for transport, and the other transport route is not across the southern climate.

So going further south, it would have melted and brewed quite a bit and had a longer journey before parking up.

Great episode though, I think that Chuck is bluffing about having a long game though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They said that the waste is frozen for transport, and the other transport route is not across the southern climate.

So going further south, it would have melted and brewed quite a bit and had a longer journey before parking up.

Great episode though, I think that Chuck is bluffing about having a long game though.
    Yeah I don't get why he didn't at least take the deal for Wendy's thing to go away. He pretty much had everything he wanted and then wouldn't take it??? Maybe he is thinking to hell with the wife and the father and has a new path picked out for himself altogether that we don't see yet

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bullocks wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get why he didn't at least take the deal for Wendy's thing to go away. He pretty much had everything he wanted and then wouldn't take it??? Maybe he is thinking to hell with the wife and the father and has a new path picked out for himself altogether that we don't see yet

I think that, and he may have referenced it when talking to Wendy, that he needs to be told what to do (in the bedroom/dungeon) and this is now crossing to his professional life.
    There was also the conversation at the table where Wendy and Sr where telling him what to do.

It's him breaking away from being controlled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ahhhh that makes far more sense, thanks

Bullocks wrote: »

My take on it is that Chuck knows that there's more to the blockchain vote thing that he realises and he doesn't want to give up the power for that for something as "small" as his personal life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

My take on it is that Chuck knows that there's more to the blockchain vote thing that he realises and he doesn't want to give up the power for that for something as "small" as his personal life.
    I think it's a bit of both, but I think this is the main thrust of it. I think Chuck knows that Wendy will ultimately be fine - either Axe will take care of it, or (what I'm thinking based on his exchange with Connerty) is that if Chuck can expose what the USAG is up to, Connerty will either turn sides or inadvertently do what Chuck wants him to do. There's no way Chuck would go see yer man in jail not knowing that Connerty would find out about it - I think there's a scheme here where Connerty will somehow get that doctor released thinking it's not what Chuck wants when it actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

I don't see it listed on Sky Atlantic for tonight. Was last week the last episode of this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

There was no episode in the US this week, apparently to avoid clashing with the Game of Thrones finale, so it's back next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I had a new episode on HBO Go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭wally1990

I had a new episode on HBO Go.

Is it ep 9?

See attached.

The next one airs on the 26th.ep 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nope it was definitely ep 10. It has been taken down from HBO Go now but I watched it yesterday morning no problem.

I thought this weeks episode was ok but a bit wheel spinny. No spoilers but this whole season seems like they are setting things up for future seasons more than they are focusing on the current one. Only 2 episodes left so hopefully things ramp up a bit in those. Though I did think
    Wags hugging your one then taking Ben Kim in the room after was funny
    and it really seems like
    Chuck and his dad are playing Connerty as it's all happening too easy for him and he may have fallen into the trap at the end of the episode by going to his #FightingIrish brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BandMember

Best thing about this weeks episode was The Sickbed of Cuchulainn by The Pogues on the soundtrack. Apart from that, it's a bit meh...

BandMember wrote: »
    Best thing about this weeks episode was The Sickbed of Cuchulainn by The Pogues on the soundtrack. Apart from that, it's a bit meh...

I don't know, it setup a lot of moving parts, Wags reaching (another) rock bottom, Chuck moving his pieces, Wendy realizing that she's not in power with Chuck, Connerty being setup (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,897 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I watched Episode 9 I think the other night, and to be honest found myself drifting during it.

I could have stopped watching at any time....its been building this series, it really hasn't been good at all. The sh1t train really was the last straw for me, daft storyline that kinda sums up this series for me.

I think this will definitely be the last series of Billions I will watch.....had enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm still enjoying it. Still the highlight of the week for me at the moment.

Agree with the above that the latest episode was about moving pieces into place for the final episodes more than anything else, but it was good despite that.

Wendy realising that she has more value to Axe than Chuck was an interesting development and potentially could be the cause of a split between the 2 guys again once the current situation with Taylor and Jock has been resolved.

Connerty stepping over the line to try and nail Chuck by enlisting his brother was another key character moment. Is it all a setup by Chuck and Senior, or will Brian get what he wants only to realise he's become as bad?

Spyros with the doctor's coat was good fun, and Wags is always worth watching, especially in a deeper moment like we saw.

Good episode overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Spyros with the doctor's coat was good fun

Spyros, remember, is a rapist. Now, somehow he has morphed into this zany comic relief so tonally out of step with the rest of the show that it's like a minor character from late-era Seinfeld has walked onto the set.

The way that Chuck, his dad and Ira (is that his name) are having these chats look very calculated. Covering themselves mid conversation for lawyer/client privilege , only speaking actual facts and being very clear and repeating only those facts.
    It looks like they are setting Connerty up, and he's going deep by getting the life coach guy and then getting his brother involved.
    I do suspect that Wendy/Chuck/Axe were involved in getting the coach into that same spinning class as Connerty.

But, I think that Taylor is two or 3 steps ahead of Axe. The logical thing for Axe to do is get other appliance companies into the store, so I image Taylor has something there already planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

The way that Chuck, his dad and Ira (is that his name) are having these chats look very calculated. Covering themselves mid conversation for lawyer/client privilege , only speaking actual facts and being very clear and repeating only those facts.
    It looks like they are setting Connerty up, and he's going deep by getting the life coach guy and then getting his brother involved.
    I do suspect that Wendy/Chuck/Axe were involved in getting the coach into that same spinning class as Connerty.

But, I think that Taylor is two or 3 steps ahead of Axe. The logical thing for Axe to do is get other appliance companies into the store, so I image Taylor has something there already planned.

Was that where we saw him for the first time ?

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »
    Was that where we saw him for the first time ?
    Yep, Connery was in the class and noticed him across the room.

Advertisement