Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter box key

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I've mislaid the meter box key and I believe that I can get a new one sent to me.  Could you please tell me who I need to contact to get the key?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Straylight,

Thanks for your post.

If you send us your account details by private message, we can organise for a new meter key to be sent out to you. You can find further information here.

If there's anything else we can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Hi Straylight,

Thanks for your post.

If you send us your account details by private message, we can organise for a new meter key to be sent out to you. You can find further information here.

If there's anything else we can help with don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks David, I've sent on those details.

I received the key from Una today but it's too big so I can't open the box. Is there a smaller one available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Straylight,

Unfortunately that is the only size meter-key we have, as it is the most generic one.

A needle-nose pliers may open the door though, otherwise we would need to advise purchasing a compatible meter-key in a hardware shop.

We regret we could not be of more assistance in this instance.

Kind regards,
    Una

But my meter gets read regularly according to my bills, so presumably your meter readers have various key types.  Maybe making different types available to customers is something that could be looked into in the future?

But anyway, thanks for your help Una, I'll see what I can pick up the a hardware shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Straylight wrote:
    Maybe making different types available to customers is something that could be looked into in the future?

Thanks for the suggestion Straylight, your feedback will be taken into consideration.
    Straylight wrote:
    presumably your meter readers have various key types

Just to clarify, while we do post out standard meter keys to customers who request them, ESB Networks are actually responsible for reading your electricity meter (they conduct meter readings on behalf of all suppliers).

If you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Thanks for the clarification David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Straylight,

We're happy to help. If you give ESB Networks a call on 1850 372 757 or tweet them, they might be able to send you a meter-key.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement