If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor audio s200 and s300

Options
  • 24-03-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,I've been corresponding lately on wireless speakers.my last post was a query on hooking my denon ceol to ceiling speakers via a speaker switch but I'm going to take this new query separately.

My plan is to run with ceiling speakers for my denon so my queries there still stand but I'm still in the market for a wireless speaker.sonos is out as I'm on poverty spec ipod and don't have ios 6 or above. So I'm flipping sonos the bird and going airplay instead and now going with either monitor audio s200 or s300.

Which is the better all rounder?I know the s300 packs a big punch but for a kitchen or bedroom does the added connectivity of the s200 cancel out the lower power?

I'm defo going for one of them and will pull the trigger tomorrow. I'm wondering though,can you match the s300 black price,I.e. 225 euro for the s200 or improve the deal from the 249.I can get it down here in a store for the same price and I'd be hoping that as a return customer (denon ceol n5,monitor audio speakers and akg cans in the last year),I was hoping that you might be able to offer me a boardsie discount on the s200,if i went for that.hope that's not cheeky but I'd be hoping you could do something for me..

If I ordered before lunchtime tomorrow when would it arrive in Dublin?

Cheers as always...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Hi guys,I've been corresponding lately on wireless speakers.my last post was a query on hooking my denon ceol to ceiling speakers via a speaker switch but I'm going to take this new query separately.

My plan is to run with ceiling speakers for my denon so my queries there still stand but I'm still in the market for a wireless speaker.sonos is out as I'm on poverty spec ipod and don't have ios 6 or above. So I'm flipping sonos the bird and going airplay instead and now going with either monitor audio s200 or s300.

Which is the better all rounder?I know the s300 packs a big punch but for a kitchen or bedroom does the added connectivity of the s200 cancel out the lower power?

I'm defo going for one of them and will pull the trigger tomorrow. I'm wondering though,can you match the s300 black price,I.e. 225 euro for the s200 or improve the deal from the 249.I can get it down here in a store for the same price and I'd be hoping that as a return customer (denon ceol n5,monitor audio speakers and akg cans in the last year),I was hoping that you might be able to offer me a boardsie discount on the s200,if i went for that.hope that's not cheeky but I'd be hoping you could do something for me..

Cheers as always...

Any feedback on above lads? Trigger finger getting itchy!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Cheers as always...
    Marcus,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - both the S200 and S300 are pretty amazing - however the S300 is significantly better, that's the good news, the bad news is that it has gone back up to €299 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200192-airstream-s300-white.aspx ( which I think is way cheaper than anyone else in Ireland) I can do a Boardie deal at just €269 for you including delivery on the S300 - if you wanted to go for the S200 ( don't forget its Bluetooth only) then I can do that for you at €239 for you again including delivery - we have both the s200 & the s300 available in both finishes at the moment and if you ordered tomorrow before 12:00 we should have them to you in Dublin for Friday,

Thanks again and keep us posted if I can help,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Marcus,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - both the S200 and S300 are pretty amazing - however the S300 is significantly better, that's the good news, the bad news is that it has gone back up to €299 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200192-airstream-s300-white.aspx ( which I think is way cheaper than anyone else in Ireland) I can do a Boardie deal at just €269 for you including delivery on the S300 - if you wanted to go for the S200 ( don't forget its Bluetooth only) then I can do that for you at €239 for you again including delivery - we have both the s200 & the s300 available in both finishes at the moment and if you ordered tomorrow before 12:00 we should have them to you in Dublin for Friday,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks for the reply John...just a couple of things, the s300 is still showing as 225 in euro in black on your site which is very very tempting.is this a mistake or would it be honoured?also the s200, you say bluetooth only?is it not bluetooth,airplay,airplay direct and dnla??

When you say the s300 is significantly better,I assume th the s200 is still good in its own.right and suitable for a bedroom say?

I'll be going for on or the other and will order before 12 alright...how do I avail of the price for the s200 as it's dearer ordering on line?

Also,I'd appreciate some feedback on my other post about the ceiling speakers with denon, but there's no immediate panic on that..

Thanks!

Marcus,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

Thanks for the reply John...just a couple of things, the s300 is still showing as 225 in euro in black on your site which is very very tempting.is this a mistake or would it be honoured?also the s200, you say bluetooth only?is it not bluetooth,airplay,airplay direct and dnla??

When you say the s300 is significantly better,I assume th the s200 is still good in its own.right and suitable for a bedroom say?

I'll be going for on or the other and will order before 12 alright...how do I avail of the price for the s200 as it's dearer ordering on line?

Also,I'd appreciate some feedback on my other post about the ceiling speakers with denon, but there's no immediate panic on that..

Thanks!
    Marcus,

no idea how the S300 is showing at €225 - we did reduce it for our St.Patricks Day promo but it has gone back up in price to €299 ( which is still a great deal - (perhaps its cached in your browser?) but on a one-off I've no problem doing ONE at the €224.99 price.

On my brain burp, yep I got it backwards, the S300 is Airplay only whilst the S200 does have Bluetooth, DLNA and Airplay so its more flexible - and around £200 - there is just nothing else to touch the S200 so if you are looking for a wireless speaker with the features of the S200 - there's just nothing as good as it for the spends.

On the Boardie special I gave you last night - if you did want to order just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie, link the post and give us your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to arrange a delivery and the discounted price.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you - I ran out of steam doing replies last night!

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Marcus,

no idea how the S300 is showing at €225 - we did reduce it for our St.Patricks Day promo but it has gone back up in price to €299 ( which is still a great deal - (perhaps its cached in your browser?) but on a one-off I've no problem doing ONE at the €224.99 price.

On my brain burp, yep I got it backwards, the S300 is Airplay only whilst the S200 does have Bluetooth, DLNA and Airplay so its more flexible - and around £200 - there is just nothing else to touch the S200 so if you are looking for a wireless speaker with the features of the S200 - there's just nothing as good as it for the spends.

On the Boardie special I gave you last night - if you did want to order just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie, link the post and give us your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout to arrange a delivery and the discounted price.

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you - I ran out of steam doing replies last night!

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

Thanks John!arrrgggg,you're killing me here!i had the heart set on the s200 but with the generous offer to honour the 225 price on the s300 I'm very tempted by that too....OK,what if I went for BOTH could you improve the bundle price for the 2 a bit from the 465 total? I have to go to a meeting now but if you can get back to me in the meantime with an update,I'll definitely make a call on it...BTW,I'm pretty close to deciding on getting both so if you can improve on the already generous offer,it might get me over the line...

• Advertisement

Thanks John!arrrgggg,you're killing me here!i had the heart set on the s200 but with the generous offer to honour the 225 price on the s300 I'm very tempted by that too....OK,what if I went for BOTH could you improve the bundle price for the 2 a bit from the 465 total? I have to go to a meeting now but if you can get back to me in the meantime with an update,I'll definitely make a call on it...BTW,I'm pretty close to deciding on getting both so if you can improve on the already generous offer,it might get me over the line...

Email sent to sales!

Marcus,

ATVB,
    John Mc & Crew

Marcus,

I hope you are working for whichever government body that looks after our finances - jeez you drive a hard bargain...

..unfortunately it really doesn't get any better than €224.99 on the S300 and €239 on the S200 - so the total including delivery would be €463.99 ( that's a bit of an improvement) and that's also less than the S300 on its own started off at!!!

Thanks and I'll get one of the guys to have a look at the sales@ email,

ATVB and thanks for the biz it's much appreciated,

John Mc

Marcus,

I hope you are working for whichever government body that looks after our finances - jeez you drive a hard bargain...

..unfortunately it really doesn't get any better than €224.99 on the S300 and €239 on the S200 - so the total including delivery would be €463.99 ( that's a bit of an improvement) and that's also less than the S300 on its own started off at!!!

John Mc

Ha!an extra euro off,result! Nah,it's great deal as is so I appreciate the discount! Got a call for details so hopefully that'll come tomorrow as planned! Sorry to be a pest but just a reminder about my post about hooking ceiling speakers to my denon ceol and Ma bx2 via a speaker switch...when younger a chance,no panic..

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Marcus,

John Mc

Ha!an extra euro off,result! Nah,it's great deal as is so I appreciate the discount! Got a call for details so hopefully that'll come tomorrow as planned! Sorry to be a pest but just a reminder about my post about hooking ceiling speakers to my denon ceol and Ma bx2 via a speaker switch...when younger a chance,no panic..
    Hey MarcusP12.

Replied over on the other thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Hope I'm not intruding here but any chance of another S200 deal for a boardsie?? That's assuming there's no other speaker with that type of connectivity and sound quality (that's mildly portable) for that price?
    Also, any way it could be delivered expressly over the weekend? Short notice I know!
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hope I'm not intruding here but any chance of another S200 deal for a boardsie?? That's assuming there's no other speaker with that type of connectivity and sound quality (that's mildly portable) for that price?
    Also, any way it could be delivered expressly over the weekend? Short notice I know!
    Thanks.
    Hi Spiritcrusher.

We could offer the S200 at the price listed above. A Saturday delivery would come in at £29.99 as it is a special service for our courier as we normally only delivery Monday to Friday.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

Thanks.
    Spirit - where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Thanks.
    Based in Dublin. If the speaker could even reach the parcel motel depot in Belfast today it would probably be here by tomorrow. Would that be possible?

Thanks.
    Based in Dublin. If the speaker could even reach the parcel motel depot in Belfast today it would probably be here by tomorrow. Would that be possible?
    Spirit - we don't do Parcel motel unfortunately but if you mail me with your contact details and Dublin location I may have one of our guys going to Dublin for the weekend and location dependant they could tie up with you..

johnmc@richersounds.ie

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭liamcu

Hi John,

I'm interested in the Monitor Audio Airstream S200 in black and wondering if you can offer the deal above (€239 incl. delivery to Dublin) plus the cost of the speaker mount below?

I'm also looking for just one of the Monitor Audio speaker mounts to go with this (sold here as a pair: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-brackets/monitor-audio/masm/moni-audio-masm

Liam

liamcu wrote: »
    Hi John,

I'm interested in the Monitor Audio Airstream S200 in black and wondering if you can offer the deal above (€239 incl. delivery to Dublin) plus the cost of the speaker mount below?

I'm also looking for just one of the Monitor Audio speaker mounts to go with this (sold here as a pair: http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-brackets/monitor-audio/masm/moni-audio-masm

Liam
    Hi Liamcu.

I could still offer one at the price of 239.00 Euro. 

The brackets are coming in at 38.99 euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12012-masm.aspx

Items are in stock and ready to ship.

Drop me a PM if you would like to go ahead.

Hi Liamcu.

Hi John,

Liam

Hi Liamcu.

Hi John,

Liam
    PM sent.

Hi Liamcu.

Hi John,

Liam
    PM sent.
    Hey Liamcu.

Just dropped a PM with your tracking number :)

Thanks for the order.

Hey Liamcu.

Thanks for the order.

Thanks, Kenny.

Speaker arrived on Friday after being misdirected twice by DPD. Not your fault though as the full address was clearly printed on the package label.

• Advertisement

Hey Liamcu.

Thanks for the order.

Thanks, Kenny.

Speaker arrived on Friday after being misdirected twice by DPD. Not your fault though as the full address was clearly printed on the package label.
    Hi Liamcu.

I do apologies about that!!!

Glad it did arrive though.

Have you had a chance to have a listen to it up and running?

Again thanks for the order.

Hi Liamcu.

Yes, it's all hooked up. Great sound and connectivity options from such a small unit. What would make it even better would be a dedicated app from Monitor Audio.

That said, I may be interested in getting a second one in the near future.

Hi Liamcu.

Yes, it's all hooked up. Great sound and connectivity options from such a small unit. What would make it even better would be a dedicated app from Monitor Audio.

That said, I may be interested in getting a second one in the near future.
    Hi Liamcu.

Glad your enjoying the unit.

Perhaps Monitor Audio will develop something like this in the future as it would indeed be a handy extra for this unit.

Let me know if you would like another one as stock is getting low at this boardie special.

Is this boardies deal still available? €239 including delivery to Dublin for the Monitor Audio Airstream S200?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Is this boardies deal still available? €239 including delivery to Dublin for the Monitor Audio Airstream S200?
    HI Liamcu, thanks for your post

The Price has gone up a little bit on these, currently listed at €279.99, but as a boardie, I can do you one at €259 if you were interested?

Cheers
    Brian

The Price has gone up a little bit on these, currently listed at €279.99, but as a boardie, I can do you one at €259 if you were interested?

Cheers
    Brian

Brian,

€259 includes delivery to Dublin? And you have stock in black?

Cheers
    Brian

Brian,

€259 includes delivery to Dublin? And you have stock in black?
    Yep €259 including delivery, but we only have 1 white one left, none in black

Brian

Brian

Only interested in the black unit. When will this be back in stock?

Brian

Only interested in the black unit. When will this be back in stock?
    Unfortunately they are a finished product so we wouldn't be able to get any more stock of them. We would only have 1 new and 1 ex display available, both in white 

Regards
    Brian

• Advertisement

Unfortunately they are a finished product so we wouldn't be able to get any more stock of them. We would only have 1 new and 1 ex display available, both in white 

Regards
    Brian

I'll leave it Brian.

Thanks for your help.

Liam

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.