Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VODAFONE - Private Number.

Options
  • 25-03-2015 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have been recieving a lot of 'private number' calls to my mobile lately, however when I answer there is nobody on the other end... no sound at all. Anybody else experience this??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I'm afraid not. Have been getting alot of missed calls off the usual call centre vodafone number 01 2037800, but no private numbers.

Might not be vodafone related? Not sure they hide their numbers?

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

A lot of the banks use private numbers. It is possibly one of the banks trying to ring to confirm a credit card transaction or sell you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yeah banks, insurance, phone companies and sky do this. Especially if you have been looking for quotes or if they are up for renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I have a simple rule, I just never answer any call that flashes up a private number. That said, it's usually a mate or family member that might have had their number on private for whatever reason and forgot to switch it back. But if you're getting a lot then that sounds suspicious. My advice would be to never answer any private or withheld number. If it's some weirdo acting the bollocks, then they'll soon get fed up when you never answer.

Advertisement