Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

veg prep

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

If i cut up all my veg for the week and left it in the fridge in a lunchbox would it be ok? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

No, and you can't look for food safety advice on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Depending on what the veg is, best bet might be to (par)cook it in advance. Potatoes, carrots and the like could be cooked, frozen and reheated (oven roasted or pan fried in butter/oil works well).

Otherwise, I'd get ziplock bags or a completely airtight lunchbox and keep the veg in it with some water. Main problem with a lunchbox that leaks air is that the outside of somehting like potatoes oculd go hard or discoloured - skin protects it normally, hence an airtight container working well.

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

When you say "Would it be OK?"...

If you mean "Would it make me sick & possibly kill me?" - The answer is "We don't allow discussion of food safety in this forum."

If you mean "Would the veg be dried-up, off-colour & generally manky by the end of the week?" - The answer is "Probably."

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You should look at a mandoline, chops veg up in no time at all, so you can prep and cook pretty much immediately.

Advertisement