Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging crossed cheque into joint A/c

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am planning on lodging a cheque crossed a/c payee only into my joint account today.

The cheque is made out to the other person who has the joint a/c with me.

Will I be able to lodge this cheque into our joint a/c or will the person who the cheque is made payable have to lodge it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

josephsoap wrote: »
    Hi,

I am planning on lodging a cheque crossed a/c payee only into my joint account today.

The cheque is made out to the other person who has the joint a/c with me.

Will I be able to lodge this cheque into our joint a/c or will the person who the cheque is made payable have to lodge it?

Thanks.
    Hi josephsoap,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

With a crossed cheque that says account payee only, the person who the cheque is made out to will need to sign the back of the cheque. Once they sign the back of the cheque, you can lodge it to your joint account. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Hi josephsoap,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

With a crossed cheque that says account payee only, the person who the cheque is made out to will need to sign the back of the cheque. Once they sign the back of the cheque, you can lodge it to your joint account. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Ok thanks Sarah,

Advertisement