Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honey

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, does anyone know where I could get local raw honey in the Dublin area? Preferably south Dublin!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're far more likely to get helpful replies here in the Dublin City forum

Moved from Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

louised88 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where I could get local raw honey in the Dublin area? Preferably south Dublin!

There's a farmer in bohernabrenna I know of If that's any use?

Also maybe the sat market in marlay park might do but I'm not sure about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've bought local honey in a butcher's in Stoneybatter - I think it's a white shop with red shutters. It was a couple of years ago though.

I've been meaning to pick up some Irish honey actually, it bugs me that all you can get in shops in blended stuff from all over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Farmleigh Food Market, Farmleigh House, first Sunday of every month from April, 10am - 5pm

(edited to provide correct information...thank you MartyMcFly84)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I saw honey comb in Ennis Butchers when I was in last week if that's any use to you. Never looked at the price though or origin.
    Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Farmleigh Food Market, Farmleigh House every Sunday 10am - 4pm

Didn't know they had a market on. Good to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Slightly off topic apologies but isn't local honey meant to be good for hayfever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Slightly off topic apologies but isn't local honey meant to be good for hayfever?

Yeah I can't be filtered to remove pollen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kylith wrote: »
    I've bought local honey in a butcher's in Stoneybatter - I think it's a white shop with red shutters. It was a couple of years ago though.

Was just going to post that. It's still there and still selling Dublin honey. Saw it in there yesterday and was tempted to buy some.

6 euro a jar though so it's 'special occasion' honey for poor folk like me. :(

I'm not sure of the name of the butchers but it's diagonally opposite Walshe's pub and straight across the road from Centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Was just going to post that. It's still there and still selling Dublin honey. Saw it in there yesterday and was tempted to buy some.

6 euro a jar though so it's 'special occasion' honey for poor folk like me. :(

I'm not sure of the name of the butchers but it's diagonally opposite Walshe's pub and straight across the road from Centra.

That's the one! Lovely honey, but blooming expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Farmleigh Food Market, Farmleigh House every Sunday 10am - 4pm

I am pretty sure its only the first Sunday of every month unless it has recently been changed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I am pretty sure its only the first Sunday of every month unless it has been recently been changed?
    My apologies OP, MartyMcFly84 is correct, my bad :o

http://www.farmleigh.ie/events/Title,33325,en.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I've seen real real honey in Rathgar across the road from the Presbyterian Church, and either side of it. You could pop in to the Butler's Pantry, or the real butcher's shop two doors away, I've seen real honey there, and on the other side of the church is a shop called The Gourmet Shop. You should be successful in one of these shops, though the Gourmet Shop also stocks a wide variety of goods from all over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

There's a farmer in bohernabrenna I know of If that's any use?

Also maybe the sat market in marlay park might do but I'm not sure about that.

Do you have contact details for the Bohernabreena guy?

I suggest you contact the Irish Beekeepers association, here is their website http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/.

Also there is a relatively new forum here all about beekeeping, you could ask there as well.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I suggest you contact the Irish Beekeepers association, here is their website http://www.irishbeekeeping.ie/.

Yes, I have tried this route but come to no joy unfortunately.

Really? I would have thought they'd set you straight. Sorry it was a dud for you.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Really? I would have thought they'd set you straight. Sorry it was a dud for you.

Ah I got some help but it hasnt led to a jar of honey yet!

Funny in a way. You'd wonder what they are doing then. biggrin.png

Advertisement