Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

women - lifting weights

Options
  • 25-03-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So i am 25 years old, i started to lift weight about 2 months ago. Nothing much just started off slow and build up over time. I have fallen off the wagon more then once with family life and work etc... but now i am going to the gym 3 days a week and lifting weights

i do squats
    bench
    bend over row
    dead lifts
    and sit ups

i feel that i am getting great results in a short amount of time . i feel that there is a bit of a ''if'' when women lift weights, as i see most women on treadmills/cardio etc, which of course is great in its self, but trust me lifting weights will bring results much quicker and you feel strong - i would love to see more women try to be in the weigh rooms in gyms all around

any opinions on women lifting weights?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

all for it. i am in a minority i reckon when i say i like a girl with some muscles

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeniseMc90

muscles are great on women i think - a least a toned body :)

totally agree, keep up the good work! need more Irish girls into it (it is getting more popular I must admit)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeniseMc90

thank you - yes i have noticed that there is a bit more interest in it, which is awesome to see because it really is great to be strong and healthy, i just wish women would not think ''oh thats what men do'' (very general thinking there, but you get me'') hah

attitudes are definitely changing alright. given last weekend, sport in general in Ireland is just booming at the moment

and with fitness the numbers attending bodybuilding shows has increased massively, the times-they-are-a-changin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭patravers

all for it you should get a programme though check ldnmuscle bikini guide. they are on twitter as well ldnm alice is the girl on the team

Advertisement