Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary Degree level 6/7

Options
  • 25-03-2015 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey I have an ordinary degree right now after 3 years of a 4 year science course. Exams are coming up soon and i'm pretty sure that i'm not prepared. If I were to fail/not complete 4th year for the level 8 qualification, what kind of jobs could I be able to get?

Doesn't have to be related to biology or science at all. i.e. admin jobs, banks etc

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depends on what you want, I know people who have left and went for jobs that required nothing at all, others who got retrained in completely different fields.

A chemist friend just put down on his CV that he had a BSc Chemistry, he did, an Ord one. Some presumed he had the hons one and he done quite well. He is fairly high up in a pharmaceutical lab now.

My advice would be to get the hons if possible, I realise universities won't allow you to repeat for fourth year but if your in an IT it would be worth the year, if your in a university. See what you can do to transfer to an IT if you do fail.

Another friend did not fail 3rd year but did not make the cut for fourth year, transferred to DIT, has an excellent career in that area now.

Advertisement