Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby monitor - IP camera

Options
  • 25-03-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has used a wireless IP camera as a monitor? How did it work out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

It becomes part of your wireless network (so you need a wireless router ideally) and you can then view the picture either via an app on your phone or else via an IP address that you type into your computer.

Works well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We have this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Camera-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6

Absolutely love it. App is good and night vision/sound is excellent. I've attached a night vision pic (minus the babys head on purpose!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thanks guys.

Mirrorwall, is it easily set up, so you could bring it with you when visiting people so long as wifi is available?

Just looking at a pavkage on ebay, it includes CD (driver and tool). I dont have a pc or laptop with a working disk. Should I pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Whispered wrote: »
    Thanks guys.

Mirrorwall, is it easily set up, so you could bring it with you when visiting people so long as wifi is available?

Just looking at a pavkage on ebay, it includes CD (driver and tool). I dont have a pc or laptop with a working disk. Should I pass?

My OH did the initial set up so I'll ask him when he's home from work. All I had to do was install the app and put in the username and password

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

We have this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foscam-FI8918W-Wireless-Camera-Viewing/dp/B0046710G6

Absolutely love it. App is good and night vision/sound is excellent. I've attached a night vision pic (minus the babys head on purpose!)

We have a pair of these cameras lying around but we can't get them to work :( Any tips? (Eircom wireless modem)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fiachra06

To get the Foscam camera setup I had to plug it into my router using a network cable and power it on. Then I downloaded the ipcamera utility from foscam.

Once that's done the tool will find the camera and you can login to setup the wireless part of the camera so you can unplug and place it wherever there is a wireless signal in the house. I'm technically a new user (lurker) so I can't post URLs but if you google "foscam fi8918w wireless ip camera setup" and click the foscam<dot>us link (3rd or fourth link on the page) and then scroll down and click on the support section you'll see the link to the camera tool plus instructions and videos to get you going.

F

Advertisement