Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance issue.

Options
  • 25-03-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently renewed my house insurance over the phone, I asked that 3 rings be included and was told that they would be covered up to 3k each.

My wife emailed them yesterday just to confirm they were covered and today I have received an email from the company advising me they are not covered and I would need a requote and pay admin fees to be covered.

Where do I stand here? (I would be happy now to cancel the policy and go elsewhere but iv paid in full)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Hi, I recently renewed my house insurance over the phone, I asked that 3 rings be included and was told that they would be covered up to 3k each.

My wife emailed them yesterday just to confirm they were covered and today I have received an email from the company advising me they are not covered and I would need a requote and pay admin fees to be covered.

Where do I stand here? (I would be happy now to cancel the policy and go elsewhere but iv paid in full)

Thanks

Did you have to pay extra to get them covered?
    ring them up (not email)and ask for a recording of the initial renewal call

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Hi
    No, she said they would be covered under the contents. Iv emailed them back explaining so just waiting on response and then I might ring if not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

They are covered under the contents. Once they stay in the house!!

What you most likely actually want is all risks cover for when they leave the house. In which there is an addition cost of probably about €100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You definitely need all risks, but depending on the value of the ring, some insurers will look for a valuation certificate - the threshold seems to vary between insurers. This rule has put me off switching as the cost of valuation certificates can be prohibitive..

Advertisement