Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Golfing sign on the Motorway

• 25-03-2015 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Theres a massive Golf super store sign gone up before exit 11 on the motorway coming from limerick to ennis.
    jeeze they have some neck putting up a huge sign like that :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭dmc17

The Cuban wrote: »
    Theres a massive Golf super store sign gone up before exit 11 on the motorway coming from limerick to ennis.
    jeeze they have some neck putting up a huge sign like that :eek:

Yeah, you'd imagine they would have put it up beside of the motorway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

dmc17 wrote: »
    Yeah, you'd imagine they would have put it up beside of the motorway :pac:
    lol
    they might aswell have put it on the road its so in your face as you drive by!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭golfball37

P&M have always had a sign in that place, I assume they pay for it? It has changed recently alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

golfball37 wrote: »
    P&M have always had a sign in that place, I assume they pay for it? It has changed recently alright

Pay for it??
    Its illegal to put up advertising like that besides a motorway, the only thing they`ll be paying is a hefty fine when its removed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Advertising like that would need to have planning permission, if they don't have it they'll be in trouble I'd imagine http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2000/en/act/pub/0030/sec0003.html#parti-sec3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I think if they move it from time to time (it's on wheels I think) and have permission to put it there from owner it can't be seen as a temporary structure and doesn't need permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I had to really look at it to see what it was. I usually wouldn't be bothered by signs like it, but this one was especially distracting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

The previous one was fine but the new really does catch your eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

What about yer man who put up a big crucifix on the hill across from the ennis slip road?

I know it's probably his own land, but does something like this need planning permission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

No, it's not an ad. and it's temporary, he might get a letter after a few weeks or complaints but that would be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Better value online for golfing gear in any event but still good to see a local golf shop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I noticed 3 different signs within a mile of that exit, the Golf, the West County and a Horse Riding school, can't say I've noticed many others on the motorway, I assume that the powers that be will be taking action, it's not as if they are hiding what their doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

That sign is going to cause an accident. Was coming home from Cork this morning and in the overtaking lane and the car in front looked to be executive with business people suddenly braked in front of the sign. My only guess is to obviously read the sign As road was clear in front Of them And then booted on.

Probably going to be a distraction to some rd users and or those interested in golf Definitely caught my attention for all the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mrswhiplash47

Keano wrote: »
    The previous one was fine but the new really does catch your eye.
    Yea catches your eye, distraction more like. I was travelling that road yesterday and saw that sign, it needs to be moved at least 50 yards from the side of the road (Motorway) it's very distracting.

Advertisement