Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Android to iPhone data transfer

• 25-03-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a freeware program that makes the process easier. I see a few like mobiletrans etc which charge a fee but for one off use I would prefer not to. Specifically Galaxy S3 to iPhone 5s. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭BigMoose

What are you trying to transfer? Contacts are easy via Google. I didn't bother transferring much else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Everything really. Photos, videos, contacts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Use the send anywhere App you need to have it on both phones it will transfer contacts photos and videos and it's free.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/send-anywhere-file-transfer/id596642855?mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estmob.android.sendanywhere&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 12 seanpq2012

Contacts.google.com on a pc. Sign in with Gmail account. If not there manually sync through account & sync. Or try mcbackup in the play app store. Sends your contacts to an email address of your choice in a csv/vcf file format. Open your emails clicked download on the attachment and they are saved to your email and phone. Idrive is a free app for transferring media and apps. It's excellent and cross platform on android and apple. Finally, if you have a pc, connect your android to the pc and go to my computer. Then your phone and sd card will show up as logical drives. Explore in the search box by using *.* or *.jpg etc to find them. Copy them to a new folder. In iTunes select import file or folder in the file menu. Select the folder you created with your android and then sync your iPhone to your itunes. If you're doing photos make sure to turn off icloud sharing in photo settings on the iPhone or the pics on the pc will not sync to the iPhone. Also, there's lots of alternative cloud storage alternatives like Google drive, Dropbox or skydrive which offer up to 15gb free storage. These are cross platform again and if you have an unlimited wifi plan, they're extremely useful. Just because you have icloud preinstalled, it doesn't mean it is the best option.

Advertisement