Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing in UCD

Options
  • 25-03-2015 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,
    I'm hoping to start nursing in Septmeber and I was wondering if anyone who is studying/ has studied nursing in UCD could tell me what they think of the course? Is it well organised? What are the hours like? Where have you done placements? Any advice? :)

I'm mostly interested in the Children's and General Nursing integrated course but any feedback about nursing in UCD would be great!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Hey, I'm second year C&G in ucd. It's pretty well organised most of the time. You do your placements in Crumlin and either the Mater or Vincents, the choice is on a first come first served basis. In first year, you do 10 weeks childrens placement and 5 weeks general. I think most C&G students in UCD would agree that the course is a bit more focussed on children's nursing. In first year I think we had Friday's off in semester one. Then you're only in ucd for four weeks in semester two, which is pretty intense. Then you're in for all of semester two of second year with Monday's off. The non c&g students are out of ucd for a year after that. C&G are back for lectures for four weeks in semester two and another four weeks at the beginning of third year. That's the end of your children's lectures then, you just do general in fourth year. C&G obviously have to do a lot more placement so we work later into the summer and start back earlier. But it's a good course and I really enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I'm third year general nursing I'd you have any questions about thay

Advertisement