Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Walker TV / DVD / Saorview Combo, dvd problem.

• 25-03-2015 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

I was watching a dvd last night and it just stopped suddenly. I had to power off the tv and turn back on and eject the dvd. Since then the dvd controls do not work at all. I put the dvd in, it loads and plays to the splash screen where I get to “play movie” but the controls won’t work and the screen is showing in black and white. The tv is fine. There is nothing in the troubleshooting guide about it.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Is it the same with every DVD you try?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

Thanks for reply, it is. Even audio CDs. I was rewinding the film and fastforwarded it again and that's when it stuck. I think I hit a combination of buttons or something that blocked the remote but that's only speculation.
    I contacted Walker's phone number but it's out of use, typical.
    Any ideas? Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I'm not an expert but it sounds more likely that the mechanism has developed a fault. Assuming it is out of warranty, depending on how old it is Walker may agree to repair it for free or at reduced cost. You should start by contacting the retailer from whom you bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

Ok cheers mate.

Advertisement