Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site not appearing in Search with country

Options
  • 25-03-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭

My site is second when I search for "safe opening" on google (safeandvaultservices.com is my site). However my site disappears if I search "safe opening Ireland" (it's not in the first 10 pages, anyway).

I have Ireland ticked in "International Targetting" in Googles Webmaster Tools, is there anything else I could be doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pablo scholes

You could try tweak your content on the page to tailor towards that phrase. Instead of nationwide in opening paragraph you could say "all over Ireland" etc

Although best to ask yourself is that worth doing? As in , is the term that's including Ireland worth going after. Do Irish people search by country or by county?

Does the term you already rank for have volume/convert well? If so then make sure the ranking on that one holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GBrownie

You need to do local SEO and local link building. I mean you have to target local geographical area in your on-site optimization. Like in the site title, meta description, Url structure, H tags and site content. You have more chance to get rank for local keywords as you target your local area more in your content.

As like on-site SEO, you need to care about your backlinks where you get from. You just need to get links from local business offering websites, business listing websites, classified websites, local listing websites. Create and promote a local resource, it can increase the chances to get links on local websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

A quick review of your site:

None of the page titles have the Word Ireland in the title!
    Location - a,page that G would expect some localised info
    http://www.safeandvaultservices.com/location.html

You're not giving yourself a chance.

Use Ireland in the title - sparingly, dont go mad - use it where it would be appropriate eg:

http://www.safeandvaultservices.com/emergency-safe-opening.html

That page - stick a bit that you travel countrywide for emergencies.
    <title>Emergency Safe Opening - All Ireland Emergency Coverage</title>

You get the drift!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Thanks all for the help, I'll make the suggested changes shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kaloshma

I suggest you start a campaign toward getting backlinks from .ie blogs and websites. And also make sure you add ireland to you anchor keywords.

• Advertisement
Advertisement