Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to apply for the classic credit card

Options
  • 25-03-2015 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

So, last week I tried to apply for the classic credit card online. When I was filling in my details, it said my year of birth is incorrect.. So I thought I'll try again later, which I did last night.  I had the same problem again.

I know that you have to be at least 18 years of age, but I am 20 so there should not be a problem.

I don't have time to visit the branch or call since I am busy during work hours.

Can you help me out?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi LudoFrancis, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

We have checked the application form online this morning and can confirm that it is working normally. Can we ask you to try again today when you have a moment and let us know if you can complete your application?

Looking forward to hearing from you again, 

Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LudoFrancis

Hi LudoFrancis, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie

We have checked the application form online this morning and can confirm that it is working normally. Can we ask you to try again today when you have a moment and let us know if you can complete your application?

Looking forward to hearing from you again, 

Elaine
    I tried it again last night, and then on a different computer an hour ago. I entered the year 1995, which somehow appears to be invalid. I tried the year 1994 and that works. But I cannot apply with false information. And this stops me from applying.

Hi LudoFrancis, 

We will raise this with our Online team and investigate this immediately. Just to confirm, once your are over 18 you are entitled to apply for a Credit Card with us. 

If you would like us to arrange a call back from one of our sales representatives to complete your application, please PM us with your name, contact number and branch name.

Thank you once again, 

Elaine 

Hi LudoFrancis, 

We would just like to provide you with an update on your query. Our Online Team carried out a full investigation on this and have confirmed that the Credit Card application option on the website is now fully operational. 

Thank you again for contacting us and we hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Elaine 

Advertisement