Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tapas in cork city

Options
  • 25-03-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

Anyone tryed places in cork and found them nice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

There's a new place just after opening on Washington St. It's a bit pricey but the food was tasty. Chorizo cooked in wine, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

We there last week, it's got 3 main influences, Barcelona, Italy and Mexico. Certainly better than we were expecting cause places that spread the influence can often be master of none. Also it was late after noon and only 1 other table going so not always the best time to get good grub.

But it was lovely, just grazing so we tried the Coxinhos which is stuffed dough ball with a chicken cream cheese filling, quite fancy in presentation, the nacho's which had some interesting twists on the sauces and the bravas. Bravas were good too, I'm only truly happy if I get the gunky taco sauce like stuff from in the markets in Madrid but this was a medium spicy tomato sauce that's the fashion (and what you'd get on the east coast) of the day.

The Iberian way shop on Douglas street does tapas in the evening under the name LaTasca that looks proper. Gusto does small main plates, stews and bowls of yum that's close in feel to tapas even with a wider influence than spain.

Kinsale has 2 places I'm interested in but not been, Black Pig is well established as a good spot and there's a new one called Twisted, which looks to take tapas and um, Twist them. Inventive/modern looks to be the order of the day, hopefully tasty too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Personally didn't like Tedo at all. I must try it again, I was there soon enough after it opened.

Advertisement