Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 308 HDI trouble

Options
  • 25-03-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Bought a second hand 308 1.6 HDI diesel last sept. with a years gurantee but having a number of problems since. If anyone can through some light on the issues below that would be great. I just wanted to go armed with info before heading for the dealer..

1) there is a stuttering from the engine from time to time which really has me worried! Usually 3rd at 2000 rpm..

2) only 30,000 miles but the brakes are poor (though they were good in the dealership and in the months after i bought it!)

3) the elec windows in the front can freeze and the button needs to be repressed to get them up or down.

4) fault with the lights, left head light blew and i replaced it, then the right blew both the head and dim were gone but now the head light is back!

As i said above, any help would be great as im currently emailing the dealer but he's ignoring me!

Cheers,
    Garden lad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,583 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

1) there is a stuttering from the engine from time to time which really has me worried! Usually 3rd at 2000 rpm..
    Bring it back to the dealer for this to check the cause.

2) only 30,000 miles but the brakes are poor (though they were good in the dealership and in the months after i bought it!)
    Brake pads or discs may be worn, unfortunately they are a consumable and won't be covered by a warranty if it's the pads or discs that are worn.

3) the elec windows in the front can freeze and the button needs to be repressed to get them up or down.
    This could be as a result of moss or dirt in the rubbers on the doors around the windows, a rub with a damp cloth may resolve this. The car being parked under trees would contribute to this. If not the dealer should resolve it.

4) fault with the lights, left head light blew and i replaced it, then the right blew both the head and dim were gone but now the head light is back!
    Usually they will blow in or around the same time if they were fitted at the same time to the car from new as their life expectancy should be the same, wouldn't worry about it.

As i said above, any help would be great as im currently emailing the dealer but he's ignoring me!
    Dealers are iffy about email, some check it a couple of times a day, some once a week or fortnight, I would call the dealer to discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭mossy50

Dont mind emailing these idiots bring the car back as its still in warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

I had a 308 for a few years and I went through a phase where I seemed to be replacing a lot of headlight bulbs, I put it down to poor quality bulbs because after I started replacing them with the more expensive ones the problem went away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gardenlad123

Thanks for your contributions.

You were right about the emails though but even ringing all i get is "can i take a message and i'll send it on" and then never hear from them again.

Called into them monday morning a month after i bought it and they got me my requirements but like that he just wanted to get rid of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Don't let them fob you off, call down in person and make sure you air your complaint as loudly but non threatening, also try to talk to any of the other customers you see there and let them know the problems you're having trying to get them to deal with your complaints and make sure the staff see you talking to them, they'll be eager to get you dealt with and off the premises double quick....

• Advertisement
Advertisement