If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for games and movies etc

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:38pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a new TV. Would prefer ~50 inches. The main uses are xbox, bluray and some netflix. The physical size of the TV isn't a major issue - I don't mind if it's not super thin. :) 

Needs to have multiple HDMI in and a SCART in (thanks UPC :mad:). 

Don't care about 3D. Smart would be ok but not a must. 

You guys got any recommendations? I'd like to spend less than 700 euro but not sure if this is possible.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

awec wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a new TV. Would prefer ~50 inches. The main uses are xbox, bluray and some netflix. The physical size of the TV isn't a major issue - I don't mind if it's not super thin. :) 

Needs to have multiple HDMI in and a SCART in (thanks UPC :mad:). 

Don't care about 3D. Smart would be ok but not a must. 

You guys got any recommendations? I'd like to spend less than 700 euro but not sure if this is possible.
    AWEC,

thanks for the post and enquiry - first things 1st ... 21,000 posts - wow how did you get to there!!!!!

OK now if you want a real cracker of a deal - you really don't have to look any further than the stunning Panasonic TX47AS650 which has just had a further reduction to a bonkers €729.99 ( euro price includes delivery) https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200528-viera-tx47as650b.aspx  this will tick lots of boxes, its smart ( very smart!), 3D, 3 HDMI, 2 USB and hey presto - a scart for your UPC!

Its great for gaming as it has Panasonic's 1200Hz motion processing software - all in all the AS650 really is an excellent series.

If you did want to stretch to the 50" its also been reduced to just €879.99 https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200553-viera-tx50as650b.aspx 

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can ever assist or of course if you would like to pop an order in!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks John!

Yea, 21k - no idea how that happened! :eek: :D

Is the difference between the two of those just the three inches?

Ahem yep, 'just' the 3 inches...

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Oh yea- do you guys have an actual shop in Dublin or is it just Belfast?

Some people say we don't have a 'actual shop' anywhere - its more a cave stuffed to the gills with AV kit and some strange AVgeeks who pretend to be sales guys... but yep, we are based in Belfast but deliver daily to Dublin ( and all other counties across Ireland!)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

J

• Advertisement

Some people say we don't have a 'actual shop' anywhere - its more a cave stuffed to the gills with AV kit and some strange AVgeeks who pretend to be sales guys... but yep, we are based in Belfast but deliver daily to Dublin ( and all other counties across Ireland!)

ATVB,

J
    Oh awesome!

So if I ordered tomorrow, would I have it on Friday (in Dublin)? :) 

ATVB,

J
    Oh awesome!

So if I ordered tomorrow, would I have it on Friday (in Dublin)? :) 
    AWEC,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - yep, if you order before 12:00 we would normally have that delivered to you next working day..

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John!

I think i'm going to go ahead and order the 50" now. Can't resist the larger size! :D

I'm after the 12 deadline though (just back from NYC yesterday so jet lag is still wrecking me). If I order in the next 15 minutes would it be possible for you to have it delivered tomorrow?

My worry is that I may not be available on Monday to be here to let the delivery guy in.

Andrew

You have a pm John :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

You have a pm John :)
    Hi Awec.

John is flat out today so if you could drop me the PM also I'll check over it for you.

• Advertisement

TV arrived on Saturday and I'm well impressed!

Cheers lads, top notch customer service. Will definitely shop again. :) 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

TV arrived on Saturday and I'm well impressed!

Cheers lads, top notch customer service. Will definitely shop again. :) 
    Hey Awec.

Thanks for letting us know that everything is up and running and that you are really enjoying your TV :D

Thanks for the kind words.

Any questions or enquiries please just drop me a post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.