Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas CC Tour de Foothills 2015

• 13-01-2015 12:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭

Got notification through Facebook that 2015 event cancelled. Sad to see - was a good one to kick off the sportive season on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Got notification through Facebook that 2015 event cancelled. Sad to see - was a good one to kick off the sportive season on

Damn, was a great event

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Koobcam wrote: »
    Damn, was a great event

+1 Was looking forward to doing this again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

think it is still happening but for a different charity it is no longer kare tour de foothills will update ye in the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I always look forward to this event. I hope it happens in some guise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

As above, I would like to see it happen in some form for this year.

I did this in for the first time in 2011 and it was my second ever sportive and what an enjoyable day it was too! A large turnout, scenic route and great weather if I remember correctly. I did it again in 2013 and noticed a considerable drop-off in those taking part. Wasn't fit to do it last year but wonder whether declining numbers played a part in this decision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 quirkee

No declining numbers did not come into decision at all. Charity legislation now does not allow the charity itself to financially back a fundraising effort for itself. The event cost too much for the staff who voluntarily organised it themselves to fund and therefore it was impossible to put on. We had tried to get sponsors on board over the years but to no avail unfortunately. It was not an easy decision to make as it was a tremendous event and we enjoyed running it every year. The people that supported it made all the hard work behind the scenes worth it and we enjoyed meeting every one of them. Again a big thank you to everyone who did support KARE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

That's a shame - I really liked the Kare TDF. Great start to the year and a nice atmosphere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Shame , 'twas a great oul spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My reading of this is that the "spin" will still be on, it will just be the "Naas CC Tour de Foothills" rather than "KARE Tour de Foothills"

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My reading of this is that the "spin" will still be on, it will just be the "Naas CC Tour de Foothills" rather than "KARE Tour de Foothills"

Well it sure needs clarification then . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Naas Cycling Club

Naas CC have recently been informed by KARE that they are sadly no longer in a position to facilitate the running of the KARE Tour de Foothills. We would like to thank KARE and everyone associated with the event, which has become a popular sportive in the cycling year. As a direct result, Naas Cycling Club have decided to fulfill its commitment as per the Cycling Ireland Leisure Calendar and host the 2015 edition of the Tour de Foothills. The event will be formally called The NCC Tour de Foothills and all the proceeds will be donated to Saplings School for Children with Autism and Special Needs in Kill, Co. Kildare. NCC have a great track record of working with the parents in Saplings on the Wicklow Peaks and we hope this new venture together will be just as successful. The 2015 NCC Tour de Foothills will take place on Sunday 12th April from Finlay Ford in Naas with 65 and 110km routes. Further details will be available soon on a dedicated Facebook Event Page and ncctourdefoothills.com

Naas CC have recently been informed by KARE that they are sadly no longer in a position to facilitate the running of the KARE Tour de Foothills. We would like to thank KARE and everyone associated with the event, which has become a popular sportive in the cycling year. As a direct result, Naas Cycling Club have decided to fulfill its commitment as per the Cycling Ireland Leisure Calendar and host the 2015 edition of the Tour de Foothills. The event will be formally called The NCC Tour de Foothills and all the proceeds will be donated to Saplings School for Children with Autism and Special Needs in Kill, Co. Kildare. NCC have a great track record of working with the parents in Saplings on the Wicklow Peaks and we hope this new venture together will be just as successful. The 2015 NCC Tour de Foothills will take place on Sunday 12th April from Finlay Ford in Naas with 65 and 110km routes. Further details will be available soon on Facebook

EXCELLENT ... Well done Naas CC great news. Can look forward to it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Any chance you can put details on here too when available Im not on FB. thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Online entry is now open for NCC Tour de Foothills 2015 Sunday April 12th .Every online entry will be entered into a draw for a Dell 8 Venue Tablet
    Check out ncctourdefoothills.com for more details

Naas Cycling Club

For the evening that's in it I think I will do most of the route think I will be driving a broom wagon on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

For the evening that's in it I think I will do most of the route think I will be driving a broom wagon on the day

did you make it back alright? give us the lowdown on the route please - particularly interested in any dodgy surfaces on the descents

Sorry got delayed and so have no report may get to do tommorow if i do i will write a report

Less than 20 days to go till this years 2015 Tour de Foothills - online entry now open
    Check out ncctourdefoothills.com

Check out Naas CC Tour de Foothills Facebook page for more updates

• Advertisement

Every online entry will be entered into a draw for a Dell 8 Venue Tablet - goody bags also for every online entry
    Tour de Foothills 2015

Sunday 12th April 2015

There are 2 routes:
    65km around the Blessington Lakes
    110km which includes the Lakes, Hollywood and the Glen of Imaal

All online entries will be entered in a draw for a Dell Venue 8 Wi-Fi Android tablet.

This years NCC Tour De Foothills will start and finish at NCC Club Sponsor's premises, Finlay Ford, M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas.

Neutralised start from Finlay Ford Naas
    Refreshments on routes.
    Medical, mechanical and broom wagon support on both routes.
    Route map with emergency contact info to all participants.
    Tri-bars will not be permitted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

what is the date and time before the online entry stops taking entry's?? Thanks.

Online entry closes on Friday 10th April at 2pm

So why do it?

The NCC Tour de Foothills is an opportunity for all cyclists to enjoy a day in the saddle while taking in all the scenery of the Wicklow Foothills.

All proceeds are going directly to Saplings School for Children with Autism & Special Needs, Kill, Co. Kildare.

Sunday 12th April 2015

There are 2 routes:
    €20 Adult on line (plus €2.00 admin fee)
    €25 Adult on the morning of cycle

€10 Youth (Both options)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any update on this event?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Any update on this event?

There's been about 10 updates in the last 24 hours..

Sunday 12th April 2015

There are 2 routes:

€10 Youth (Both options)

*All online entries will be entered in a draw for a Dell Venue 8 Wi-Fi Android tablet.

This years NCC Tour De Foothills will start and finish at NCC Club Sponsor's premises, Finlay Ford, M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas.

Sign-on:- 8.00am

Start :- 9.30am

Register online ncctourdefoothills.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Same day as the South East road club three peaks. Hmmmmm. Decisions decision!!!!!

Never did this one before so, think I'll have to give it a go.

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »
    Same day as the South East road club three peaks. Hmmmmm. Decisions decision!!!!!

Never did this one before so, think I'll have to give it a go.

Well worth doing ....

17 days to go ! Tour de Foothills

Sunday 12th April 2015

There are 2 routes:

€10 Youth (Both options)

Any update on this event? Specifically who is running it, when is it on, where does it start, what are the routes, how much is entry and when does closing date for online entry close?

Hi bazermc
    Hope your questions are answered here;

Specifically who is running it - Naas Cycling Club - Cycling Ireland event in Aid of Saplings School for Children with Autism in Kill.

when is it on - Sunday April 12th - sign on from 8am for 9.30am Start

what are the routes, - There are 2 routes:

how much is entry - €20 Adult on line (plus €2.00 admin fee)

€10 Youth (Both options)

closing date for online - 2pm Friday april 10th

Does it go around the Blessington lake?

• Advertisement

Yes - 65k Naas, Blessington, Manor Kilbride, Valleymount (foodstop) home via Ballymore to Finlay Ford Naas
    All details on ncctourdefoothills.com

All online entries will be entered in a draw for a Dell Venue 8 Wi-Fi Android tablet.

8" Wi-Fi Android tablet with Full HD touch screen , the latest dual-core Intel® Atom™ processors, award winning audio and a 16GB hard drive,

At less than 9 mm thin, this tablet is easy to hold and lightweight enough at under 1lb to pop it in your bag and get going.

High-def details: Admire your favorite photos and videos on a gorgeous Full HD touch screen (1920x1200) that’s fun to share thanks to a wide viewing angle and excellent outdoor viewing

Amped-up audio: Pump up the volume with Grammy™ Award-winning MaxxAudio® Mobile by WavesMore storage and system memory: Dell Venue 8 has a 16GB 2 hard drive, plus a microSD card slot for up to 64GB of additional storage

Neutralised start from Finlay Ford Naas
    Refreshments on routes.
    Medical, mechanical and broom wagon support on both routes.
    Route map with emergency contact info to all participants.
    Tri-bars will not be permitted

So why do it?

The NCC Tour de Foothills is an opportunity for all cyclists to enjoy a day in the saddle while taking in all the scenery of the Wicklow Foothills.

All proceeds are going directly to Saplings School for Children with Autism & Special Needs, Kill, Co. Kildare.

The school is a registered charity that was set up by a small group of parents thirteen years ago as there was no appropriate education or services in Ireland for children with Autism. It is one of only thirteen schools in Ireland that specifically provide a one to one education to children with Autism through ABA (Applied Behavioural Analysis) and other educational techniques. Saplings teaches life skills and academic curricula with an educational programme individually built around each childs needs, strengths and level of Autism.

The school currently has over two dozen children, ranging in age from 4yrs to 18yrs, coming from, Kildare, Laois, Carlow, Offaly, Meath and Dublin. Saplings are partially funded by the Dept. of Education but have a minimum yearly shortfall of 40,000 euros.

Any updates on this?

Yes, but when is it on?

Sunday April 12th

2014 or 2015?

• Advertisement
Advertisement