Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Naas CC Tour de Foothills 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Any updates on this?

i am hoping someone will post up details soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Where's Naas? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Where's Naas? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%A4%C3%A4s_Castle

According to this, Naas Castle is in Sweden.Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Hi can mods change the thread title to Naas CC Tour de Foothills 2015 to stop the confusion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Moved 2015 related posts to this new thread :)

Dedicated website with route maps and online registration here
    http://ncctourdefoothills.com/site/

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Naas Cycling Club

Hope your training is going to plan ... just over 2 weeks left to this years Tour.
    Prevoius posts have links to Facebook and online entry page.

Oh good an update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

What date is it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Despite the bit of good natured rib-tickling going on here,the website looks very professional,lots of top class companys on board,and I like the look of the 110km route.So Im wanting to enter,and I'm sure plenty more will too.

ps I've no connection what so ever to the organisers of this sportive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Despite the bit of good natured rib-tickling going on here,the website looks very professional,lots of top class companys on board,and I like the look of the 110km route.So Im wanting to enter,and I'm sure plenty more will too.

ps I've no connection what so ever to the organisers of this sportive.

I agree. Can we now just get on with preparing/looking forward to a good day cycling. Where are those details again... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Had planned on doing this but a broken ankle has scuppured my plan. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Looking forward to this, very good route and the Naas club always does a great job making sure you get fed during and after the event. Some of them also make sure you suffer, so watch out for the jump in speed on the way into Bessington..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

Koobcam wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, very good route and the Naas club always does a great job making sure you get fed during and after the event. Some of them also make sure you suffer, so watch out for the jump in speed on the way into Bessington..

Will it be warm enough for a skinsuit?

• Advertisement

The skinsuits don't come out until the Tour of Kildare John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Just entered. Love this one.

Just booked the weather there now and lets just say bring the suncream

At last, an update on the weather.

The skinsuits don't come out until the Tour of Kildare John
    Just booked the weather there now and lets just say bring the suncream

Just being able to wear shorts would count as a massive plus at this stage, I'll give you this, if there's any man out there that can organise the weather it's probably you...

• Advertisement

nilhg wrote: »
    Just being able to wear shorts would count as a massive plus at this stage, I'll give you this, if there's any man out there that can organise the weather it's probably you...

Looking forward to doing yours next weekend hopefully will be a good few from Naas what sort of weather have ye booked

We've invited the Azores High and it looks like it's coming, forecast for the whole BH weekend looks decent. Always nice to see our friends from Naas CC down our way, ye'll be more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Naas Cycling Club

Naas Cycling Club have decided to fulfill its commitment as per the Cycling Ireland Leisure Calendar and host the 2015 edition of the Tour de Foothills. The event will be formally called The NCC Tour de Foothills and all the proceeds will be donated to Saplings School for Children with Autism and Special Needs in Kill, Co. Kildare. NCC have a great track record of working with the parents in Saplings on the Wicklow Peaks and we hope this new venture together will be just as successful. The 2015 NCC Tour de Foothills will take place on Sunday 12th April from Finlay Ford in Naas with 65 and 110km routes. Further details are available on a dedicated Facebook NCC Tour de Foothills Event Page and ncctourdefoothills.com

It's deja vu all over again.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    It's deja vu all over again.

No its a glitch in the matrix

100 km and 65 km route maps

One week to go don't forget online reg is open and will save you a few quid plus you get entered in the draw for the Tablet
    http://ncctourdefoothills.com/site/index.php/adult-entry-2015

When is it on again?

bazermc wrote: »
    When is it on again?

It's either 2014 or 2015 and if 2015 then Sunday week the 12th of April

6 more sleeps

• Advertisement

5 more sleeps.

Bump.

All road marking's are done so look out for TDF on the roads around Blesington Lakes

Was at the marshals meeting earlier tonight all ready to go nearly 200 registered online already so should be 5 or 6 hundred on the day going cycling it on Saturday with all the other marshals and volunteers who cant do it on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Looks like it will be wet and a bit cold for Sunday unfortunately, sure I suppose we can't complain after the week we've just had weather-wise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

Looks like it will be wet and a bit cold for Sunday unfortunately, sure I suppose we can't complain after the week we've just had weather-wise..

Just came to the same conclusion myself. According to www.yr.no there will be a lot of rain after midday. Was keeping an eye on the forecast all week, but the closer to the date the worse it got (damn!).

You'll be grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Not good. Ordered a rain jacket two weeks ago from Evans and it hasn't arrived. my boil in the bag jacket blew away off the line so I am going to get soaked tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

As I sit here on yet another day of basking sun it's hard to believe there is a Monsoon due tomorrow. Forecast is now for a lot of rain up until around midday (12 mm or more).

youtheman wrote: »
    As I sit here on yet another day of basking sun it's hard to believe there is a Monsoon due tomorrow. Forecast is now for a lot of rain up until around midday (12 mm or more).

The last few forecast runs have been steadily pushing the band of rain north, the latest has the worst precip a bit north of the Naas/Wicklow area but not by far, it's going to be a close run thing, too close to call really but fingers crossed it might not be too bad, at least there shouldn't be much wind.

http://www.dmi.dk/vejr/til-lands/vejrkort/

http://www.ilmateenistus.ee/ilm/prognoosid/mudelprognoosid/euroopa/?lang=en#layers/sadufaas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Think I'll give the smaller one a lash in the morning, hangover permitting.

Last training spin for the G2D next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Anyone know if there are changing facilities and showers at Finlay Motors? From the forecasts it looks like we might need them.

Also, keep an eye on your bike at the start and finish as someone had a bike stolen after finishing one of the sportives here last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

First sportive for me. I'm already signed up online. Sign up from 8, starts at 9.30. WoUlf aiming for arrival at 9 be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

Male and female changing rooms are available at Finlay Ford Naas Showrooms. No shower facilities available due to the nature of the premises. I am bringing a set of dry clothes to change into after the spin and the shower may wait until I get home, water charges or not!!

9am would be the very latest that I would arrive to allow for parking and sign-on. You have to sign-on on the morning even if you have pre-paid and pre-registered to receive goodie bag, emergency contact info, map etc.

I would strongly suggest that you keep an eye on your bike at ALL sportives this year, and at coffee stops on any Sunday spins etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Thanks Haldir. I will probably do the same.
    If you are involved in organising things, it might be worth warning people not to leave their bikes their bikes unattended after they get back.

BoardsMember, from previous experience, arriving 30mins before the start should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

it might be worth warning people not to leave their bikes their bikes unattended after they get back.
    3 large "watch your bike" signs in Naas HQ and 2 in each of the food stops should cover it!!

Haldir wrote: »

I would strongly suggest that you keep an eye on your bike at ALL sportives this year, and at coffee stops on any Sunday spins etc.

And your bike computer. Some are worth a small fortune these days!

Right... better get my arse in gear!

It's amazing how it can be windy and wet in Dublin but no wind or rain in Naas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

It's amazing how it can be windy and wet in Dublin but no wind or rain in Naas.

Id say there is plenty of it around the lakes

• Advertisement
Advertisement