Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to & from Pearson from Downtown??

Options
  • 26-03-2015 4:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a good taxi firm to book a trip from Pearson to collect somebody at the airport? I have been quoted $90 to have a guy waiting in arrivals for an elderly relative and bring them to Downtown..

Also is there any easy & cheap way to get to Pearson Airport? I would rather get the TTC so it won't cost anything as I'll have a monthly pass...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

192 rocket takes you to Kipling station, transfer onto the underground then - Link

Avoid taxis from pearson unless absolutely necessary, $60 is the cheapest i've ever heard anyone getting, and that was a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

retalivity wrote: »
    192 rocket takes you to Kipling station, transfer onto the underground then - Link

did this last summer... as far as i remember, you can get the whole journey for $3! (the price of a token)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 wittyusername

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a good taxi firm to book a trip from Pearson to collect somebody at the airport? I have been quoted $90 to have a guy waiting in arrivals for an elderly relative and bring them to Downtown..

Also is there any easy & cheap way to get to Pearson Airport? I would rather get the TTC so it won't cost anything as I'll have a monthly pass...

Info on taxis to/from the airport can be found here: torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/taxilimo/#

Airport taxi fares are fixed a flat rates depending on where you're going so it's easy to tell if you're being scammed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I got an uber for $32.92, that's from Planet Traveller Hostel to Pearson.
    Which I thought was fair. (About €23.00) Cost me $53.00 to get a cab from Pearson, to the hostel.

It's pretty badly sign posted, no obvious buses/train services. Although in fairness, I didn't do a lot of research before I arrived.

Advertisement