Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much wud u pay for dog minding in a person's home

• 26-03-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Mod note: this is an enquiry as to whether the prices and level of service offered to the op are what you'd expect.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This is in the Meath area. Dog minder minding in her own home for both Day care and holiday care. Day care €15 per day & Holiday care €18 . Person has Over 20 years dog experience. Canine CPR first aid. Up to date with positive dog training methods. Dogs become part of the family, they sleep indoors wherever they sleep in own home provided they do not mark. All dogs must be neutered and all vacs including kennel cough.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

In the Kildare area (nearish Naas) I think a service like that would be €20-€25 (last time I checked a new place that advertised keeping dogs in the owners home - rather than kennels - it was €20)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Juran

I pay €15 for day care (Mon to friday wile I'm at work) and €20 for overnight stay if I go away. Its a family home, not a kennel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I pay €20 per day for overnight in my home stay kennels (in the house with the lady - not a normal kennels), plus i provide his food also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cabbagepatches

I know kennels not the same so sud not compare prices but when going away and having to leave a your dogs for 15/16 depending on flight etc. Some of kennels for small dogs are as little as €12 & €14 for large. I have been asking around and most people seem to agree that 20 is a Dublin price and as we are in Meath it should be cheaper. Is it because it is a new thing and they don't really grasp the idea that the dog is being cared for within a home and kept locked up for certain periods of the day ? I am trying to convince my husband that it is worth it and that the dogs will come home happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

I know kennels not the same so sud not compare prices but when going away and having to leave a your dogs for 15/16 depending on flight etc. Some of kennels for small dogs are as little as €12 & €14 for large. I have been asking around and most people seem to agree that 20 is a Dublin price and as we are in Meath it should be cheaper. Is it because it is a new thing and they don't really grasp the idea that the dog is being cared for within a home and kept locked up for certain periods of the day ? I am trying to convince my husband that it is worth it and that the dogs will come home happier.

It all depends on what type of dog you have OP.... my dog is very social and wants to be with his humans 24/7... he adores humans... loves others dogs BUT all in all prefers humans.

Some dog are more independent...

My guy did go to normal kennels a few times when he was younger he would come back upset, distant and he would poo in the kitchen each night for around 3 / 4 nights... which is VERY unlike him, he was very anxious.

he adores home stay kennels... infact sometimes i think he prefers her :pac::pac:
    theres not much in the difference between €15 to €20 IMO... but that's just me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Paid 20euro a night for our dog to be minded in the minders house. Money well spent in my opinion as we didn't have to worry about her being lonely or confined to a kennel. She slept in the kitchen and pottered around with the lady which was similar to the routine she would have at our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aiidee

Would any of you know of any dog sitters providing that service in wexford town area Please?

Advertisement