Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick powerline adapter question...

Options
  • 26-03-2015 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Back in 2013, i bought... TP-Link PA411KIT AV500 500 Mbps Powerline Adapter - Twin Pack that connects my raspberry pi to my router as i couldn't run ethernet cables to it at the time.

Its working great ever since, but i now would like to put another powerline adapter in a different room (xbox in sittingroom that has very low wifi coverage) and im wondering if i have to buy another twin pack or can i buy just a single adapter... And does it have to be tp link or are all brands interchangeable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

You can just add a single unit. There is standard interoperability between different manufactures but the advantage of using the same model is that you can use the pc software to manage all your devices in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

cheers degsie,

I will buy a single tp unit so and that will do the job.

Any idea if the ones that have built in wifi range extender are any good also?
    or could i just use an old eircom wifi router in bridge mode plugged into the unit to supply wifi to that room also?

Advertisement