Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10th Anniversary of "Rose"

Options
  • 26-03-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭

Today, the 26th of March marks the 10th anniversary of the transmission of Rose and the end of the Wilderness years.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

For all the stick he gets, we should never forget what we owe RTD!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, that's nuts. New Who still feels like such a recent thing, not a 10 year old veteran!

As for Rose, I've not actually watched it fully since transmission, for all the stick I have given it here. Still remember watching it and being more than a little confused as to what I was seeing, being someone who got into Who via VHS tapes of those early, dark Tom Baker stories :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wow, that's nuts. New Who still feels like such a recent thing, not a 10 year old veteran!

As for Rose, I've not actually watched it fully since transmission, for all the stick I have given it here. Still remember watching it and being more than a little confused as to what I was seeing, being someone who got into Who via VHS tapes of those early, dark Tom Baker stories :D

I watched it not too long ago for a review I was writing.

I actually think it hasn't aged well, although I'd not blame RTD for that. As an episode of TV it has its hands full setting up the whole "wounded last of the time lords" thing before you even consider Rose. There's a whole load of concepts to be written in to 45 minutes of time.

The CGI is 2005 television horrible, the acting's good, the robomickey (tee hee) leads to a couple of terrible scenes, the world building is great. So it could have been a lot worse I guess, despite the bad moments being really bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I will never, ever forget how atrocious that roboMickey looked. But yeah, I agree Doom, it did a fantastic job of building the world to come. I genuinely wouldn't mind seeing RTD do a few more episodes, though maybe part of that is that I'm just kinda tired of Moffat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I will be honest,

Was not a fan of Rose or the 9th Doctor,

Only half way through the years of Tennant did I begin to enjoy the show,and Smith just took it to a whole new level and made it excellent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement