Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan

Options
  • 26-03-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Anybody heading to dungarvan Sunday racing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Was hoping to but couldn't get a pass.

I see they are capping numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

daragh_ wrote: »
    Was hoping to but couldn't get a pass.

I see they are capping numbers.

Yea see that have to drive 2hrs to b there for 9 to make sure get signed on then wait until 12 to race I suspect big numbers with balbriggan gone

Online pre-reg would save everyone a lot of hassle TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

Where did you see info about capping, what are the limits?

Plastik wrote: »

On the dcc facebook page and there website

• Advertisement

Think 130 A4 not sure on the other categories

https://www.facebook.com/events/1544204799166627/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Nope can't find any capping number on there. Where abouts is this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Anyone got a Strava link for this? Is it flat or hilly or what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Anyone got a Strava link for this? Is it flat or hilly or what?

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/635283910

Uphill finish

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

ford2600 wrote: »

nice 4/5k drag up Col de Colligan on each lap, want the climbing legs on, descent through Millstreet is fast and furious, made for breakaways!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

"Sign on early from 9am" for a 12.15 race!
    In fairness, using the on-line option would save a lot of unnecessary very early rising for people travelling a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

It's an early start for a later race in fairness. Online would have been way handier. Would not fancy being number 131 in the queue after a long journey there.

That said, I told one of the boys I'd eat my front wheel if there was over 130 A4's. Could be eating it yet, but to be honest I'd settle for not ending up eating someone's back wheel;)....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

upthe19th wrote: »
    It's an early start for a later race in fairness. Online would have been way handier. Would not fancy being number 131 in the queue after a long journey there.

That said, I told one of the boys I'd eat my front wheel if there was over 130 A4's. Could be eating it yet, but to be honest I'd settle for not ending up eating someone's back wheel;)....

Even with Balbriggan not running I highly doubt there will be anywhere near 130 A4 riders turning up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Andalucia wrote: »
    nice 4/5k drag up Col de Colligan on each lap, want the climbing legs on, descent through Millstreet is fast and furious, made for breakaways!

What speeds are we talking about for fast? I remember doing 75kph in Carlow last week down one of the descents. Similar speeds here?

Amprodude wrote: »
    What speeds are we talking about for fast? I remember doing 75kph in Carlow last week down one of the descents. Similar speeds here?

it won't be quite that fast but given its down a narrow road that twists and turns, it will feel fast. I 'd say 60kph Max in places down mill street.its not a total all out descent

Andalucia wrote: »
    it won't be quite that fast but given its down a narrow road that twists and turns, it will feel fast. I 'd say 60kph Max in places down mill street.its not a total all out descent

I was getting nervous at 75kph with A4's near my side. Normally I love descending but not in an A4 bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

The other A4s were thinking the same Im sure

J Madone wrote: »
    The other A4s were thinking the same Im sure

Yeah it can be scary, nobody trusts nobody in those situations. One mistake by anyone and it could take down a huge part of the bunch at high speed. At that speed I don't want to imagine falling off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭RockWerchter

Go to the front on the decent, it's free speed and will take pretty much no effort. Sitting in the bunch on the brakes makes no sense. If you're on the havier end of the average it's no effort (not a dig, I'm 80kg).

Go to the front on the decent, it's free speed and will take pretty much no effort. Sitting in the bunch on the brakes makes no sense. If you're on the havier end of the average it's no effort (not a dig, I'm 80kg).

I'm a fat bast@rd too at 72kg :-D

Amprodude wrote: »
    I'm a fat bast@rd too at 72kg :-D

wind howling Some gale right now.once its at your back it will be alright.some sufferfest if its against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

any results?

Mckenna won the A1 from Murray, break of 4 away from the gun, quickly whittled down to 3, they were some distance clear of the remainder, groups fairly broken up in the road

Not sure of A3, but breakaway won it - A4 bunch sprint finish, crash in last 400m, some talk of a leader in A4 missing the last left when clear of the group, ferocious wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Great day of racing so it was

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Rode the A4 race today, some pretty severe side winds going along the top of the lap to the 1st hairpin, surface like cobbles along the section from there to the main road. Speed along the main road in the bunch on both laps with a tail wind was absolutely savage!!
    Saw but managed to avoid the crash at the end thankfully, hope those who came down are ok. Finished about 30th maybe, at a push:)

Mugser wrote: »
    Rode the A4 race today, some pretty severe side winds going along the top of the lap to the 1st hairpin, surface like cobbles along the section from there to the main road. Speed along the main road in the bunch on both laps with a tail wind was absolutely savage!!
    Saw but managed to avoid the crash at the end thankfully, hope those who came down are ok. Finished about 30th maybe, at a push:)

How many raced the a4 after do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

How many raced the a4 after do you think?

Ptttf, was maybe 80 or so at the start. Pure guess that now.

• Advertisement

some tailwind alright into the Master McGrath monument, that McKenna is some powerhouse, didn't realise he is so tall, no shortage of watts

Advertisement