Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Mugser wrote: »
    Rode the A4 race today, some pretty severe side winds going along the top of the lap to the 1st hairpin, surface like cobbles along the section from there to the main road. Speed along the main road in the bunch on both laps with a tail wind was absolutely savage!!
    Saw but managed to avoid the crash at the end thankfully, hope those who came down are ok. Finished about 30th maybe, at a push:)

I wonder what happened there? Just missed it myself. Lads fell all over the wrong side of the road. It was on a climb thankfully so hopefully nothing to serious. Speed on the main road was just mental, any mishap there would have been painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

inc21 wrote: »
    I wonder what happened there? Just missed it myself. Lads fell all over the wrong side of the road. It was on a climb thankfully so hopefully nothing to serious. Speed on the main road was just mental, any mishap there would have been painful.

The A4s were going over 60km/h on that straight. Wind was hard today, caught my bike a few times and I nearly lost my balance. There was a breakaway on the first lap, I think there could have been 6-7 riders, they were caught after a while but stayed away for a long time. I was taken down in the crash at the finish. Shocked but I'm ok, a rider fell into me and I came down. Wasn't my fault so nothing I could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Does anyone who rode in the A4 bunch yesterday have a Strava link I could look at?

outfox wrote: »
    Does anyone who rode in the A4 bunch yesterday have a Strava link I could look at?

I don't but we averaged about 37km/h.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

outfox wrote: »

First bunch.
    https://app.strava.com/activities/275957306

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

Thanks inc21. I got dropped by the first bunch on the climb, got back on, and got dropped again. I just wanted to see what the pace of the bunch was. 'Twas my first race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Amprodude wrote: »
    I don't but we averaged about 37km/h.

Well not one that you're willing to share :p You still marking all your spins as private to hide them from your club mates?

Well not one that you're willing to share :p You still marking all your spins as private to hide them from your club mates?

Didn't have anything compatible that works with strava. I have a very basic bike computer. I came down on final climb so why would you be interested in my race profile? I'm not hiding that. If you passed you should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Amprodude wrote: »
    Didn't have anything compatible that works with strava. I have a very basic bike computer. I came down on final climb so why would you be interested in my race profile? I'm not hiding that. If you passed you should know.

I'm no way interested just remember you saying on here before that you were going to mark your spins as private on strava as you didn't want your club mates knowing what you were doing. But now your saying that your bike computer doesn't work with strava but just a little confusing :D

I'm no way interested just remember you saying on here before that you were going to mark your spins as private on strava as you didn't want your club mates knowing what you were doing. But now your saying that your bike computer doesn't work with strava but just a little confusing :D

There is always a catch :D I am now generous and getting on famous with them. Plenty of our club racing last day. They know all about me. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Q. Anyone know where the sign-on is this year ?
    I see modeligo community centre is mentioned, a gooogly search says this is 12km from start/finish line, am I correct ?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Q. Anyone know where the sign-on is this year ?
    I see modeligo community centre is mentioned, a gooogly search says this is 12km from start/finish line, am I correct ?

The start/finish also in Modelligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Is the finish not up colligan R672 ? and modelligo on the other road R671 ?

From Dungarvan CC Facebook page

"All roads lead to Modeligo on Sunday next for the annual running of our open races. It’s the highlight of our year and a chance to showcase our club and the great roads and scenery we have in the area. This year has a new race HQ at Modeligo Community Centre and a new start/finish line outside Modeligo school. Sign on will open at 9am and senior racing gets underway at 12 midday with the main race the A1/2 race. This race sponsored by CycleSports bike shop for the O Doherty cup is over 3 laps of the Millstreet circuit, 107km’s. Last year’s winner Stephen Murray of Velorevoluton will be back to defend his title. The A3/Junior race sponsored by RTS heating and cooling systems will also be over 3 laps of the circuit. Last year’s race was won by Cathal Purcell of Carrick Wheelers. The A4 race sponsored by Bob Troy And Co cycle and lawnmower shop will be over 2 laps of the circuit for 71km’s of racing. Last year’s race was won by our own George MacLeod who won’t be defending his title as he was upgraded to A3 recently. The ladies race will cover 2 laps also and is round 2 of the Ladies Munster league. Last year’s winner was Emma Walsh. There will also be underage racing commencing at 10am. Under 12’s start at Ballinamult and race 8km’s, U14’s start at Master McGrath and race 24km’s and U16’s start in Modeligo and race a full lap of 35.5km’s. We are expecting big numbers for all the races and there will be big numbers of DCC members racing keen to perform on local roads. So if you’re in the area and want to see some of the best riders in the country racing why not head out to Modeligo or any part of the circuit and enjoy the action. All we need now is the weather Gods to look favorably on us!"

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

same circuit ass previous years, just different start finish line this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Is that a hill finish then or flat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looking forward to being dropped up Coligan second time tmrw...Don't think this race will be like my first two for some reason.

dahat wrote: »
    Looking forward to being dropped up Coligan second time tmrw...Don't think this race will be like my first two for some reason.

Going doing Dungarvan myself tomorrow. Was one of the first races i did last year so looking forward to comparing efforts afterwards. Hopefully the legs will come along tomorrow not like the first two races so far this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

finish will be very interesting tomorrow, could be carnage coming round that bend in Millstreet with everyone looking for position if its a sprint finish

Going doing Dungarvan myself tomorrow. Was one of the first races i did last year so looking forward to comparing efforts afterwards. Hopefully the legs will come along tomorrow not like the first two races so far this year!!!

Looks like it will be a super day with an east wind which should be a factor at the business end if I'm correct.
    Hopefully a good safe race and anything after that is a bonus.

• Advertisement

Andalucia wrote: »
    finish will be very interesting tomorrow, could be carnage coming round that bend in Millstreet with everyone looking for position if its a sprint finish

Very likely to be a Sprint I'd say, definitely going to checkout the final run in before any race starts and carefully at that.

worth doing that, sharp little bend which will be quite tight with everyone having the same idea, position going to be all important

How far after the bend is the line?

Are one day licences accepted here?

not sure, would guess its around 1km

check with organisers e 1 day licenses

Andalucia wrote: »
    not sure, would guess its around 1km

check with organisers e 1 day licenses

I have season one just with the good weather the one day lads will be out in force.

Looked like a nasty crash in a4 race towards the finish. Hope everyone is ok.

One day licences plus fine weather equals far tooany A4 lads imo, 98 in total today which is nuts on a tight last few km.
    Think all who crashed are ok, heard nothing reagrding major injuries at the end. It went down behind me so missed it.

One day licences plus fine weather equals far tooany A4 lads imo, 98 in total today which is nuts on a tight last few km.
    Think all who crashed are ok, heard nothing reagrding major injuries at the end. It went down behind me so missed it.

I think it's down to the a4 riders too. Too many just sitting waiting for final sprint. Surely if a few went up the road it would split the bunch to pieces like the other categories and even the ladies showed us how it's done.

I think it's down to the a4 riders too. Too many just sitting waiting for final sprint. Surely if a few went up the road it would split the bunch to pieces like the other categories and even the ladies showed us how it's done.

Agreed, it split on Coligan twice but still.too many left in the bunch, a nasty headwind on the N72 didn't help the gallop either as the whole field just sat up.
    Everyone just waits for the Sprint as you said and some are just in the way at the business end. Lads swarming all over the road with no regard for traffic that may arrive on narrow roads is a problem.

• Advertisement

Agreed, it split on Coligan twice but still.too many left in the bunch, a nasty headwind on the N72 didn't help the gallop either as the whole field just sat up.
    Everyone just waits for the Sprint as you said and some are just in the way at the business end. Lads swarming all over the road with no regard for traffic that may arrive on narrow roads is a problem.

Did you manage to get up for the final sprint?

Advertisement