Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungarvan

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Did you manage to get up for the final sprint?

I went early, 250 out maybe and got a small jump but blew like a bomb with less than 100 left...Had every chance to get a point but tied up badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Def agree with what you said. I was looking foward to this race it had a class finish and safe as it split the bunch to the line, but when I heard the finish was changed didn't want the usual hairy crazy sprints coming up to the finish, fellas sitting in all day but then deciding to go to the front, problem is not enough room for everyone. 98 riders today also. Irish roads are too poor and narrow for that number.
    Going to stick to race and TT league races more fun and safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

I think it's down to the a4 riders too. Too many just sitting waiting for final sprint. Surely if a few went up the road it would split the bunch to pieces like the other categories and even the ladies showed us how it's done.

I was spectating at this today, I have to agree, don't understand the negativity of it at all, driving it up the hill and then everyone sitting up, though I suppose the reward for many of any possible upgrade to A3 is most unwelcome.

lads in A4 just happy to be racing for something to do, though some ultra competitive like the lads sprinting it out for 30th place and 8 minutes behind the winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

dahat wrote: »
    I went early, 250 out maybe and got a small jump but blew like a bomb with less than 100 left...Had every chance to get a point but tied up badly.

Practice your sprint's.

Go on a open road, pick a point on the road like a telephone pole and sprint as fast as can towards the pole. Repeat this numerous times. Get used of doing it. Even try it if doing a threshold session on the road and then go for it. Get your body used of sprinting when you are in the red.

Most a4 races come down to a sprint. That was my experience when I was racing in A4.

Can someone explain how many points do juniors need to get out of A3? Surprised to see 1-2 of the good ones still in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Seadin wrote:
    Can someone explain how many points do juniors need to get out of A3? Surprised to see 1-2 of the good ones still in that category.

Juniors don't get upgraded at all while still in that category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Seadin

Juniors don't get upgraded at all while still in that category.

How is that?

There are some there that are placed in every race, but it's not going to make them any better if they can't go up to another level.

Advertisement