Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home base still open

Options
  • 26-03-2015 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi all, is Homebase in Longford still open or has it shut yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Not yet, I don't think it's due to close until around about July or August, but I'm not certain about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 karlvec

Hi all, is Homebase in Longford still open or has it shut yet?

It was definitely still open when I was there yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

It's closing on the 11th of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did - There was never enough of a customer base around Longford to support a DIY store of that size.
    It's a shame because they had some great kit in there - Bloody expensive compared to their Northern Ireland or UK stores though.......:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Home store and more rumours appear to be true. Ad on leader this week for mystery homewares shop opening soon and first hit on a quick Google was a recruitment ad for the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Home store and more rumours appear to be true. Ad on leader this week for mystery homewares shop opening soon and first hit on a quick Google was a recruitment ad for the store.

Ye heard this 2 that they were supposed to be coming to Longford

Hi Gingernut,

Would you mind posting a link, no search joy for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hi davehey79,

Thanks for the link. I had looked at this already but there's no mention of a Longford store. I was hoping gingernut79 would post the link(s) they found *cough, cough* :D

Sorry I had seen your post just I knew it was a dead link . Screenshot attached.

• Advertisement

Hi gingernut79,

Thanks for getting back to me. There's nothing currently on jobs.ie for Longford. Not sure how well that bodes for them taking over the space, or maybe they were inundated with applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭davehey79

Hi gingernut79,

Thanks for getting back to me. There's nothing currently on jobs.ie for Longford. Not sure how well that bodes for them taking over the space, or maybe they were inundated with applicants.

It was on both the homestore and more careers page and jobs.ie when i posted as i applied for a relative. seems to have come off pretty quick so id imagine they were overwhelmed with applicants

Supposed to have been something about it in the Leader this week but I didn't get it yet. Will post later

Advertisement