Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soya Flour

• 26-03-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

ever since i gave up smoking, i decided to put my money into something I've always wanted to do, baking cakes and breads.

A few days ago I decided to try 'Multigrain bread', but one of the ingredients has so far eluded me, Soya Flour.

I have tried Tesco's, Dunnes, Supervalu, my local Polish Shops and Asian Market. But i can't find it.

Any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I find "healthfood" shops are always good for peculiar flours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Tree wrote: »
    I find "healthfood" shops are always good for peculiar flours

never thought of that, i know of 2 here in Waterford. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

went to a holland and barrett store this morning, got A 500g Bag Soya Flour, only €1.79. They had loads more types of hard to find flours too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Some mixed reports on the benefits of using Soya, stick with the ancient grains (Spelt) and the (becoming more popular...) gluten free type.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cakeboyee20

May have to try the soya flour, always good to try new types, especially with all the new dietery requirements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement