Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Fixtures Week 5 March 27-28th, 2015

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Had the chances to win that game late on, but didn't take them. Pleased with the defence, Webster is excellent and Kenna improved. Cregg in front helps.

Highlight was Hooperman's rolling around pretending to be as injured as much as the Bohs lad was pretending .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

That was an improvement from Cork but still get the feeling Fenlon is more concerned with not losing than winning. Hopefully it will pick up from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

Town,good win in galway,we need to be winning those games to be comfortable this season,great stuff!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Game in Ferrycarrig was torture. Loads of possession for us but no one up front to do anything with it.
    The one golden chance we had and Gary O'Neil passed it from 8 yards out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Thought we were better team overall and carved them open with some good chances. Pleased with our defence and our overall possession but don't think that's the last time our lack of goals will be an issue, especially against teams that come for a draw.

Looked a decent crowd. Bit over 5000? About 600 away end I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Very good point in Tallaght, defo gonna be on next edition of Crimewatch

Poor game overall typical Derby Bohs defence was very good and I thought Best had an excellent game defo wanna see more of him. Would have been a different outcome if North had started, Fahey is a spoofer.

Great Bohs crowd alright Atmosphere not the best the derby has seen, lowlight of the night was been kept back for 30 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dan1895 wrote: »
    That was my first Shels game since last season. The quality has dropped so far its unreal. On a positive note the O'Hara's in the bar after eased the pain.

Was dire, we offered nothing. Kinda glad I'm missing the next two games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

App I used said bray had gone 1-0 up in 86th minute with a Barker goal. Check back a minute later and it's a Barker yellow and Cork goal! Gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Phew!!! That's all I will say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I'll echo that.

Odd line up to say the least. Dan Murray and Dunleavy starting in midfield?? Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Very weird.

Against 10 men for majority of game we need be doing better.

Little bit worried we may lack a Plan B. We seem direct enough against Galway at times. I don't mind playing direct but its bit OTT at times

How did Bray play? And was it a sending off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

425 in Limerick to witness a pretty crap game, you would miss Thomand and the beer it offers.

But being home 11pm after an away game in Limerick isnt too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

gimmick wrote: »
    I'll echo that.

Odd line up to say the least. Dan Murray and Dunleavy starting in midfield?? Weird.

Yeah, and perhaps even weirder, Dan played quite well. Dealt with a lot of high balls that came his way and passed ahead to the advance midfielders/wingers to set up attacks.
    Very weird.

Against 10 men for majority of game we need be doing better.

Little bit worried we may lack a Plan B. We seem direct enough against Galway at times. I don't mind playing direct but its bit OTT at times

I wouldn't be worried based on tonight's performance. It was a wonder we weren't out of sight by half time. Bray had to clear three off the line, we had one ruled off for offside and Billy was one-on-one late on, but called offside when we he was a yard on. We had about 15-20 shots overall and controlled the possession. Plenty of short passes along the midfield and out the wings to be run on. Gaynor and Kavanagh did well on the overlaps, Kav in particular. On another day, we'd have won this by 3 or 4.
    Mushy wrote: »
    How did Bray play? And was it a sending off?

Not very well. Typical cynical tactics by Mathews. Timewasting from the off, players falling to the ground with no-one near them, getting cramp less than an hour into the match etc. I think they had one or two shots in the game, coming late on after City went 1-0 up. I don't remember McNulty having a save to make. Thought the red was harsh, but in the second half, one fella lunged in two footed on Kavanagh, with the ball nowhere near and Kavanagh jumping out of the way of the tackle. Should've been a red card, but not given. Onwubiko could've been sent off, too, in the first half. Looked to have given Bennett an elbow in the face, blood all over his mouth, but the ref never saw it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gimmick wrote: »
    I'll echo that.

:eek::eek:

That's as weird as Coleman starting Evan McMillan upfront and Maguire/North on the wings in Tallaght last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

Not very well. Typical cynical tactics by Mathews. Timewasting from the off, players falling to the ground with no-one near them, getting cramp less than an hour into the match etc. I think they had one or two shots in the game, coming late on after City went 1-0 up. I don't remember McNulty having a save to make. Thought the red was harsh, but in the second half, one fella lunged in two footed on Kavanagh, with the ball nowhere near and Kavanagh jumping out of the way of the tackle. Should've been a red card, but not given. Onwubiko could've been sent off, too, in the first half. Looked to have given Bennett an elbow in the face, blood all over his mouth, but the ref never saw it.

Sounds like Matthews is putting his stamp on the team alright.

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    dan1895 wrote: »
    Sounds like Matthews is putting his stamp on the team alright.

Typical stuff then from an Alan Mathews side. I'm beginning to think that Chris Lyons' one on one miss within 3 minutes on matchday 1 set the tone for the season.

Is there a chance Bray won't get a win all season long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

And still be in the Premier Division next season

Course there is! Only a long shot, but still a chance.

• Advertisement

And still be in the Premier Division next season

Hahahaha I wonder what odds you'd get on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nope they'll lose every game except a gamey win nicked against us in Tallaght.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

dreamers75 wrote: »
    425 in Limerick to witness a pretty crap game, you would miss Thomand and the beer it offers.

But being home 11pm after an away game in Limerick isnt too bad.

425! Thats truly brutal. Whats happening? There was a couple of thousand at the corresponding fixture in 2013. Then 800 last year and now 425:confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

425! Thats truly brutal. Whats happening? There was a couple of thousand at the corresponding fixture in 2013. Then 800 last year and now 425:confused:

They had a much better team in 2013.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Probably. Approx 80% reduction in attendance is whopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stewards told me there was a Rugby match on at the same time and it was the cause of the crap attendance.

Advertisement