Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Fit

• 26-03-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭

Looking for recommendations on the best place to get a bike fit in north Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

I found base2race good in ballymount 130euro for a couple of hours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I used Frank in Richies cycles in Swords, great service for 100euro and took his time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

Rang Ritchies but nothing available for a few weeks:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

as in measured for a bike? http://www.cahill.ie/ for €25 , has the contraption for measuring all your limbs, run's it through a software package and will adjust your bike.

• Advertisement

I think most fitters have a few weeks of a wait, not that many of them around. Frank did a great job, I feel much better on the bike, more powerful and less strain on certain parts of the body. I did have to purchase a different seat post due to the bike being slightly too big for me and the seat post I had having an extra 2-3cm of travel due to it being set back from the stem. I also learned a lot from Frank too on cycling due to his enthusiasm for the sport and his wealth of knowledge on cycling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

jon1981 wrote: »
    I think most fitters have a few weeks of a wait, not that many of them around. Frank did a great job, I feel much better on the bike, more powerful and less strain on certain parts of the body. I did have to purchase a different seat post due to the bike being slightly too big for me and the seat post I had having an extra 2-3cm of travel due to it being set back from the stem. I also learned a lot from Frank too on cycling due to his enthusiasm for the sport and his wealth of knowledge on cycling.

So might be worth the wait then?

db76 wrote: »
    So might be worth the wait then?

I'm sure the other recommendations on boards are worth considering too. For me it was convenience due to location and also others recommended Frank on here. You can pay up 180 depending on the fitter. I haven't used anyone else so don't have a comparison. I felt good after the fitting so based on that , yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Can I ask a noob question.

Is it not better to get it the fit before buying the bike and then knowing what to buy.
    Is this more suited to road bikes or would touring / hybrid bikes also benefit.

Tia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Can I ask a noob question.

Is it not better to get it the fit before buying the bike and then knowing what to buy.

Tia.

buying a bike thats the right size and fitting a bike to you are two very different things.
    a fitter fine tunes the small touches to with in degrees and mm of reach.
    I've had two done by Aidan Hammond in bikefittingireland.com and would highly recommend him, He is out in bray but well worth the half hour drive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'd be interested in the answer to this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Have a Cannondale Synapse Flat-Bar that I refuse to call a hybrid. After a few years of use commuting and on sportives I went to Aidan Hammond and he made a few subtle but important changes to the fit. While I was there, I showed him a list of road bikes I was thinking of buying and he identified which frame size would suit me best (it varied quite a bit between manufacturers). After buying the new bike last year, I went back to him and he fitted that as well for a small additional fee. Now both bikes are similarly set up and I can switch between then without any aches and pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

Definitely http://www.bikefittingireland.com/ and Mr. Aidan Hammond. Well worth the money and quality "after sale" if you need further tweaks. (however it's not in your desired part of dublin).

Advertisement