Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capability of SMS removed from landline services?

Options
  • 26-03-2015 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have a dialler on our alarm that sends a text message to us using the land line when the alarm goes off.

Have Eircom removed the capability of SMS being sent on landlines or are they planning to?

Can you find out

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

We have a dialler on our alarm that sends a text message to us using the land line when the alarm goes off.

Have Eircom removed the capability of SMS being sent on landlines or are they planning to?

Can you find out

Thanks

Hi notahappycamper

The fixed land line SMS service will be removed on the 30th of June. Certain security alarm services may be impacted by this and we would advise that you contact your alarm monitoring supplier for further information.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'm not a happy camper hearing of this.
    Will senders of messages recieve any notice that their messages are not getting through? Particularly international senders?
    I have recieved a few important, unsolicitated messages from international mobiles that accidentaly messaged my landline instead of my mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

2 stroke wrote: »
    I'm not a happy camper hearing of this.
    Will senders of messages recieve any notice that their messages are not getting through? Particularly international senders?
    I have recieved a few important, unsolicitated messages from international mobiles that accidentaly messaged my landline instead of my mobile.
    Hi 2 stroke

I cannot say if senders will receive a notification that the message has not been successful as that really depends on the senders network, normally when you text a number that does not take texts you get a failure notification but I can't advise specifically for other networks.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement