Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental property on the Green Line

Options
  • 26-03-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi,

My wife and I are looking for a nice area to live in. Came across a few houses on daft but wanted to get some knowledge on which areas to avoid and which to opt for. We plan to stay in Ireland for another 5 years at the max so were thinking whether to buy a house or rent it?

Another thing is that we have heard about some racist attacks happening near Tallaght so are avoiding the place. Any suggestions on the areas please?

Budget: upto €1,400/month for a 2 bed apartment/house/flat (no studio please).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Firstly Tallaght is on the Red Line and not the Green Line. So if you're looking for properties on the Green Line you won't have to worry about Tallaght.

I would look at Dundrum or Sandyford. Plenty of 2 bed apts built in those areas, should be able to get one for that rate, although rents are increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cat.OR

Know a few people in stepaside. Nice area. You should be able to get flat for that price there.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ash1511

irlrobins wrote: »
    Firstly Tallaght is on the Red Line and not the Green Line. So if you're looking for properties on the Green Line you won't have to worry about Tallaght.

I would look at Dundrum or Sandyford. Plenty of 2 bed apts built in those areas, should be able to get one for that rate, although rents are increasing.

Sorry but I was just giving an example there about Tallaght. Might have put it in the wrong sentence. Oops! I will try for Dundrum and Sandyford. Thanks for this.

Are there any places around good areas where I can find secured apartments?

What do you mean by secured apartments?

• Advertisement

irlrobins wrote: »
    What do you mean by secured apartments?

I meant like a password protected entrance in the building/society of the apartments. I won't hold myself back for it but if I can get, great! A good house (not very expensive) in a decent location is the priority.

I would have thought most apartment blocks have a front door to the common area/lobby that requires either a code or key to enter. The exception would be apartments or duplexes that have their own door.

Advertisement