Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a GSM dialler and installer for a HKC alarm

Options
  • 26-03-2015 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We currently have a HKC alarm with a dialler that sends a text message over the landline when then alarm goes off.

Given that Eircom will be ceasing SMS over a fixed line on 30th June our dialler will be redundant.

Can you recommend a GSM dialler that will send us a text message notifing us of the alarm being activated and what zones are activated. We would also need an installer to install same.

Also what would the total cost be?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

What actual HKC Panel do you have? How long ago was it installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

kub wrote: »
    What actual HKC Panel do you have? How long ago was it installed?

It's a HKC Securewatch panel see attached picture.

It was installed 5 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

It's a HKC Securewatch panel see attached picture.

It was installed 5 years ago.

If you <snip> have a nice cheap GSM that can connect to the printer port off the system for monitoring the alarm.

Mod edit Altor I sent you a number of PMs on this asking you to clear up if this is a trade price list. If and when you respond we can address this but until then I've removed it.

altor wrote: »
    If you have the engineer have a nice cheap GSM that can connect to the printer port off the system for monitoring the alarm.

I couldn't find it on their website. I was told it is possible to get a pay as you go SIM card from Vodafone that doesn't need to be topped up every 6 months but I asked them on their forum and they said no. Do you know where I could get one?

[QUOTE=altor;94867669
    Mod edit Altor I sent you a number of PMs on this asking you to clear up if this is a trade price list. If and when you respond we can address this but until then I've removed it.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I have not being on boards the last couple of days.

• Advertisement

I couldn't find it on their website. I was told it is possible to get a pay as you go SIM card from Vodafone that doesn't need to be topped up every 6 months but I asked them on their forum and they said no. Do you know where I could get one?

It is only a new product.

The link I provided was just to Kellihers website so you knew who had the device. With the release of the GSM-Q for the 8/12 close I would hold off tho.

You would need to contact these service providers to confirm what they have available.

The link I provided was just to Kellihers website so you knew who had the device. With the release of the GSM-Q for the 8/12 close I would hold off tho.

You would need to contact these service providers to confirm what they have available.

Woukd you have to pay a monthly/yearly subscription to HKC for that device?

Also, it doesn't mention on the link here that it will work with the 8/12: http://www.hkcsecurity.com/ie/product/gsm-q-plug-on/ireland/#.VRzepoqkqJI

Woukd you have to pay a monthly/yearly subscription to HKC for that device?

The App is a subscription service.

I would recommend if using wifi to have it backed up using the SC.
    The fee payable for this is still the same per month plus you have some redundancy on your alarm as apposed to depending on one path.

The Q uses a ready to go sim so you are maintaining plus covering the cost yourself after having the Q installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

I asked Vodafone about this SIM, it's basically a data sim. Though there is a contract and its around 15 a month. It's fairly new, The Vodafone store was able to answer my question. When I rang Customer Care, I ended up telling the agent about a product he should have known about.

batman2000 wrote: »
    I asked Vodafone about this SIM, it's basically a data sim. Though there is a contract and its around 15 a month. It's fairly new, The Vodafone store was able to answer my question. When I rang Customer Care, I ended up telling the agent about a product he should have known about.

€15 compared to what you would use using a ready to go sim does not make sense. Is that the cheapest option they offer for a data sim.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

batman2000 wrote: »

There are better prices available from Vodafone. For some reason you just have to get the right person. If your going down the subscription route, CS Duelcom have the best value I have found anywhere. You can customize their international SIMs to suit any package.

Are these sims widely available to the general public from CS dual com?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They can be signed up to an end user yes.

KoolKid wrote: »
    They can be signed up to an end user yes.

Through a security company :)
    That not tying them into a contract with the security company?

Not tied to any contract and you can change tariffs to suit your needs as you go.
    You are also not tied to the provider. You can switch if you get a better deal elsewhere.

Not tied to any contract and you can change tariffs to suit your needs as you go.
    You are also not tied to the provider. You can switch if you get a better deal elsewhere.

So you are trying to say an end user can avail of these through CS Dual Com?

They can be set up for any end user.

They can be set up for any end user.

You are clearly just ignoring the point being made here.

The sim cannot be set up through CD Dual Com by an end user.
    It can be by an installation company???

• Advertisement

I have answered all your questions. You are clearly just looking for an argument.
    Ps who is CD duel com?

You have ignored the main question.

More than happy to ask you again for the record.

Can an end user set up these sims themselves or do they need to be set up by a security company?

All answered above for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I'd look into the HKC securewatch GSM-SW-SC.
    You'd be paying €60 a year for all texts and data used... There's no restrictions.

Advertisement