Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Virtual classic cars museums in one place

Options
  • 26-03-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys.

I've just finished my new project. This is the website where you can check virtual tours of classic cars museums all over the world. Now I'm checking interest to them and I want to ask members of AACA society to test it and give me some feedback. I'm sure this will be very interesting for you and now we have virtual museums from UAE, China, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and other countries. More than 30 museums are finished, and 30 more will be finished till the end of the year. Please check 360carmuseum(dot)com/en . I'm waiting for a feedback from your. Thanks for help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi wigovsky, and welcome to boards :)

When you signed up for boards you agreed you were not to advertise a business. Yet you did. Normally this would immediately result in a warning / ban and your post would be deleted.

I do admit I had a look at your site and not only does it look pretty promising but I also reckon some of the people in here might find it interesting. As a new poster, you haven't made enough posts to be able to post links, so here is the link to your website: Linky

Now tell us one thing though: how can we give you feed back if the only way we can look at your site is by paying you money first? That's not really on as far as I'm concerned.

Please come back here and propose some kind of working solution. Here's a suggestion: something like a "free" €10 credit for anyone in here / the first 100 people signing up / something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,324 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And here's my first feedback to get the ball rolling. When I signed up, a banner showed me that I do indeed have €3 free credit in my account. Great. I've visited Maranello (Ferrari museum) in recent years, so I thought I'd have a look there first as I do remember it pretty well. The normal price of access is €3 but the price is currently discounted to a more reasonable €0.90

Yet my €3 balance seems to be insufficient to buy a €0.90 ticket? That seems to be a very basic pricing / balance bug. Let us know when that is sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Never got into virtual tours, for me the point of the museum is lost entirely in the process.

Nothing really compares with seing the real item in front of you.

as for being requireddto log in and spend money, definite no in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Never got into virtual tours, for me the point of the museum is lost entirely in the process.

Nothing really compares with seing the real item in front of you.

as for being requireddto log in and spend money, definite no in my book

What's the point in paying to see pictures of anything on the net?
    Nice idea if free but only as a guide to see if I could be bothered to see the real thing, nothing compares to seeing a collection in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Do you have an agreement with the museums to sell and make money from their content?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 wigovsky

Hey guys. Thanks for your answers.

Unkel, now this bug is fixed. By the way, there about 10 museums which you can watch for free. So you can have your opinion about 360carmuseum after checking some of them.

Tzar and kev1.3s, I agree with you that virtual museum is not so good as real one. And we can nothing to do with that. It is great if you had a chance to visit some of museums around you (150-300 miles), but have you ever been in Russian museums? Or in Shanghai? You should have a lot of time spend to visit museums in different countries. With 360carmuseum you can check all of them within a day.

Yes, I also wish them to be free of charge. But we spend about $1000 to make virtual tour of only one museum. So the small entrance fee is the way of groing up this project.

Redrocket, yes, we have agreements with museums. This is the second reason why there is an entrance fee. We send a part of entrance fee to the museums.

So my question is: what it is better for you - to pay for each museum, or to have month / year subscription?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 wigovsky

New museum - the only tractor museum in Russia. Exhibits are located at two sites : open and closed . Here are the wheel , caterpillar , industrial, skidders . Already delivered and placed in the museum 18 machines . This " Fordson Putilovets " , manufactured from 1924 to 1933 at the Leningrad plant "Red Putilovets ." In the second half of the 20 - ies of the last century it was the most common in the country farm tractor , replacing horses with a plow . It was with him began the mechanization of manual farm labor in Soviet Russia. In 1934, he was replaced by tractor "Universal" the same plant. With him in the domestic tractor began an era of manufacture tractors . Tractor with kerosene engine and metal wheels was the first domestic products exported abroad.

Check it here - 360carmuseum(dot)com/en/museum/39

Advertisement