Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 World Cup Final - Australia v New Zealand

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Not good to wake up to. Stroll in the park from here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

great tournament. deserved a great final. pity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Not exactly the WC final I was expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    great tournament. deserved a great final. pity

Disagree tbh, thought it was a dull tournament bar the kiwi SA game and couple of others, really disappointing in spite of ridiculous scores teams racked up in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Fact that this thread is only 3 pages long speaks volumes tbh.

Massive shame, really wanted NZ to win but I guess a one sided WC deserved a one sided final.

Love to see how people will spin the blame for this onto the Associates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Finals are generally disappointing ..... 2003 and 2007 were not that great either but this one's the worst since 1999

Right from when McCullum went in the first over the Kiwis had no chance...... When Australia win a final they don't just beat them they thrash them.....

I hope that when Clarke gets called to lift the World Cup later today he calls George Bailey over to do it with him......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I did say I had a feeling that was going to happen. Park the one-sided thing and appreciate the complete performance by the Aussies. They were superb. Games don't need to go to the last over to offer something. At 150-3 NZ were in a good position but they weren't allowed to do anything and it was a collapse at the end but credit the bowling. They then made the chase look easy. Smith continuing his great run of form and Clarke signing off in class.

I hope Starc kicks on now and cement his place in the test side and Clarke can remain injury free to lead them to an Ashes win in the summer.

The tournament wasn't a complete write off. Some good games, lots of good individual performances, good weather, great crowds in beautiful stadiums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

booth70 wrote: »
    Finals are generally disappointing ..... 2003 and 2007 were not that great either but this one's the worst since 1999

Right from when McCullum went in the first over the Kiwis had no chance...... When Australia win a final they don't just beat them they thrash them.....

I hope that when Clarke gets called to lift the World Cup later today he calls George Bailey over to do it with him......

Its a strange one really, the best final of recent times was India v England at the Champions Trophy. The t20 finals have been decent, but the result was pretty obvious early into the second innings.

Not taking anything away from the Aussie performance at all, heck the ATG Aussie side of a few years ago blew everyone away lets not forget. :pac:

Just to good really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Shane Warne was angling pretty shamelessly for an invite to the post match drinking session by the sounds of his interviews :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Mark Nickolas wanted a Hublot watch instead. Really emphasized how great a watch it was. He did the same thing at the semi-final presentation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement