Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre upgrade - is it necessary?

Options
  • 26-03-2015 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

We got a letter yesterday to say that the eFibre rollout would be continuing in our area for another month or so and to ring to make an appointment to get upgraded. I rang this morning and made an appointment for the week after next, but am wondering if I should even bother.

I was told that I didn't have to upgrade, but if I didn't, I "wouldn't receive any support" if I had a problem with my existing broadband. I was in work when I made the call, so didn't have time to go into this.

Oddly enough, unlike apparently most people with a broadband connection, my speed is sufficient for my needs and I haven't had a lot of problems with the line. I have seen posts on boards.ie about people having problems with the supplied f1000 modem: wireless quality, actual speed, etc.

Can you tell me what "no support" would mean in this case?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

whoami1 wrote: »
    We got a letter yesterday to say that the eFibre rollout would be continuing in our area for another month or so and to ring to make an appointment to get upgraded. I rang this morning and made an appointment for the week after next, but am wondering if I should even bother.

I was told that I didn't have to upgrade, but if I didn't, I "wouldn't receive any support" if I had a problem with my existing broadband. I was in work when I made the call, so didn't have time to go into this.

Oddly enough, unlike apparently most people with a broadband connection, my speed is sufficient for my needs and I haven't had a lot of problems with the line. I have seen posts on boards.ie about people having problems with the supplied f1000 modem: wireless quality, actual speed, etc.

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1

There is no obligation to upgrade to efibre broadband and you are more than welcome to continue with your existing service. I can assure you that there is no change to the level of Support either. Whatever your choice, eircom will endevour to offer you the highest level of technical and customer support. I'm very sorry this was alluded to on the call however if you would like PM me your eircom account number I can arrange the cancellation of the upgrade if you wish?

The only case where I can see limited support is in reference to help with issues on a third party modem (ie. if you supplied your own modem) and I'm not sure if this is applicable to this situation.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1

There is no obligation to upgrade to efibre broadband and you are more than welcome to continue with your existing service. I can assure you that there is no change to the level of Support either. Whatever your choice, eircom will endevour to offer you the highest level of technical and customer support. I'm very sorry this was alluded to on the call however if you would like PM me your eircom account number I can arrange the cancellation of the upgrade if you wish?

The only case where I can see limited support is in reference to help with issues on a third party modem (ie. if you supplied your own modem) and I'm not sure if this is applicable to this situation.

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Al,
    Once again, you come through for me! Thank you for your help and explanation. I will send you a PM now. I do run my own modem as it happens, and indeed am on my second self-purchased modem after the venerable Netopia gave up the ghost several years ago. However, I wouldn't be looking to you for support anyway for a product I had purchased myself.

Thanks again.

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Al,
    Once again, you come through for me! Thank you for your help and explanation. I will send you a PM now. I do run my own modem as it happens, and indeed am on my second self-purchased modem after the venerable Netopia gave up the ghost several years ago. However, I wouldn't be looking to you for support anyway for a product I had purchased myself.

Thanks again.
    You're most welcome :)
    Your order has now been cancelled and if there's anything else I can help with in future let me know

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭markmurphy

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks again.
    Your order has now been cancelled and if there's anything else I can help with in future let me know

Cheers
    Al
    Efibre is absolutely brilliant ! I love it. I would recommend it sooooo much. And its cheaper to (well for 6 months) then same price!
    Most people in Ireland would kill to get faster speeds !

markmurphy wrote: »

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1

Cheers
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thanks again.

Cheers
    Al
    Efibre is absolutely brilliant ! I love it. I would recommend it sooooo much. And its cheaper to (well for 6 months) then same price!
    Most people in Ireland would kill to get faster speeds !
    Cheers for the feedback Mark

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement