Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home of the Year RTE 1 - 8.30pm Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Ah feck - stupid Nordic Industrial. I LOVED #3, I thought it was so unusual and the detail was amazing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Quazzie wrote: »
    This show is a shadow of it's former self with the lady who used to do the lovely numbers

Oh Helen did lovely numbers!

I can't even see who is doing the numbers this time around?? Is it Declan?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well that's it. Wrong call by the judges tonight. Us boardsies know it should have been the 3rd house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

The scoring system is a bit silly. They are scoring a house without seeing what the competition is.

If they start high they have no where to go on the other houses even if they are amazing. It's not very fair.

Then if there are 3 amazing houses that all should be in the final....two get knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The scoring system is a bit silly. They are scoring a house without seeing what the competition is.

If they start high they have no where to go on the other houses even if they are amazing. It's not very fair.

Then if there are 3 amazing houses that all should be in the final....two get knocked out.

I agree, I think they should just have to rank them after visiting them all, and maybe have a wildcard each at the end of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

House 3 definitely the best. Windows were amazing! Didn't like the kitchen table though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Just watched the recording. Hugh is a bit hard on the kitchen in the cottage. The decor is mid-century modern, not sixties :eek: They obviously choose walnut to match the furniture. Agree the black sofa is pants though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I loved, loved the last house…so many interesting details, with a gorgeous garden and view. The seamless glass windows were so lovely. Such a calm and beautiful home.

The cottage I just did not get! Yes, there would be initial surprise that there was so much space and light behind what looks like a small cottage, but nothing else appealed to me and I did find myself wondering why it was featured. The courtyards seemed a little pointless as something you just pass by rather being located where you can see and enjoy them . It felt a bit like a hospital or school corridor.

The workshop was a little to industrial for me, but I loved how well her salvaged materials fit in to her home. I wish I had that eye.

What happens when the child grows in height though? The bedroom is hardly practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Agree about the industrial unit. She could have done better with the stairs ? Its a bit unsafe looking and I hate the current fad for rusty metal.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 petitpoint

Just catching up with episode 1 now. Someone wondered where the houses were.

The first house (the one with the staircase heading down towards the fireplace) is along the seafront at Glasthule in Dublin. I don't know where "the plastic house" is. I thought all three were interesting, but liked the first one best.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Tonight I want purple, orange, curves, normal height ceilings, wood, stainglass, pop art..
    Anything that is a bit more than the white with a touch of grey double height ceiling,big windowed dream of the 2010's Irish architect.
    I don't find the houses we have seen this year ugly, just depressing in the way they conform to the flavour of the time. I don't think I will keep on watching if it is as uninspiring as last week.
    I am even ready for a cob house or a 70's style one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lovely. A real home.

Harsh score Declan!

I just had to ask for it:) .
    That house is not my style but it is someone's taste, someone's home.

The view!

Deirdre is great

honeybear wrote: »
    Harsh score Declan!

I believe sometimes he might give some extreme scores just to be sure the house of his choice is in the finale :D . Last week he gave a 10.

This week's houses are a breath of fresh air.
    Maybe they decided to group the houses by style? Last week, modern and architectural, this week homely? That would make sense.

Orange very popular colour this week

• Advertisement

I'm with you Deirdre re colour

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

honeybear wrote: »
    I'm with you Deirdre re colour

Same...it's fab but a tad bland.

Too perfect

I am not mad about this last house. The furnitures are really not my taste.

I hate corner windows-think they don't look great from the outside

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

awanderer wrote: »
    I am not mad about this last house. The furnitures are really not my taste.

Just thinking the same, not a fan of the living room sofas at all. Favourite tonight is the thatched cottage. Beautifully restored

I am ok with the winner this week but surely the thatched house deserved a much better score than the last house. I would have also been ok with the thatched house being this week's winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I forgot it was on! Missed it!
    Thank God for +1..

jluv wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I forgot it was on! Missed it!
    Thank God for +1..

I thought the thread was quiet because of Saint Patrick's day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Watching on +1.
    Now this first house is my style..

Advertisement