Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotar cranks - micro adjuster bolt

Options
  • 26-03-2015 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have lost the micro adjuster bolt on the non drive side crank of my rotar cranks. Does anyone know were I can get a new one or even what size it is so i can look that up.

Have googled it and i can buy a new micro adjuster for £30 but i just need the bolt. it does come loose after a while without it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I had a problem with one of them a while ago. Rotor use a screw that screws into part of the crank. It's like the screw is threaded on both ends, one for tightening and the other pulls in the other side of the crank. I haven't explained that well at all but the result was that only rotor sold the screw that would work. Meant having to order it in, I had to get few other bits too so not sure of the cost. The other thing is to be careful putting it back on, rotor recommend tightening to 4-6nm (from what I remember) a lot less than shimano and others. Easy to overtighten and means a new left crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I'll see if builders merchants I use can get it one. I'll bring my own in tomorrow to them and see what they say (that's dependent on me cycling in tomorrow morning, if not tomorrow then ill definitely have that bike in work Monday or Tuesday)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

that adjuster bolt is a pain in the ass. i'm sure a bunch of engineers were clapping themselves on the back at their great idea, but in fairness it's nothing but unneeded hassle and makes swapping cranks more awkward than it needs to be

Advertisement