Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No meter at the house

Options
  • 26-03-2015 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a house and the house I'm interested in doesn't have a meter installed.

D8598F6F-F1F5-4DBC-9111-476C944A7E45_zpsm9qgsy9b.jpg

The builder must have used a temporary supply to finish the inside of the house?

It was built in 2005 but never lived in.

I'm wondering if it's a new connection I'd need from the ESB which would be €1800ish?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

Bob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

It does appear that way. There is no Esbn service cable installed. Also allow for costs involved in getting an electrical completion certificate from an electrical contractor.

Best option is to contact Esbn directly yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at buying a house and the house I'm interested in doesn't have a meter installed.

D8598F6F-F1F5-4DBC-9111-476C944A7E45_zpsm9qgsy9b.jpg

The builder must have used a temporary supply to finish the inside of the house?

It was built in 2005 but never lived in.

I'm wondering if it's a new connection I'd need from the ESB which would be €1800ish?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

Bob

I'm in a similar position but recently found out that the original builder had already paid for the connection, saving me 1800 euro. Best way to find out is to contact the ESB and see if there is a live mprn associated with the house. They will be able to give you a quote then.

Advertisement