Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€50m Office block for South Terrace/Copley St.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Michael..

I've read over on People's Republic of Cork that there are plans already for the area around R&H Hall ? Can't find anything on the internet on it.

With the new office development in planning for Albert Quay (the other proposed site for the Events Centre) the docks will really take off.

Not sure if there is any new plans. There was a planning application made for apartments in 2006. Obviously the economy took a nose dive soon after so I think the project was canned.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

D'Agger wrote: »
    Please clarify what you meant in the first post so if you wouldn't mind

Per thread title & the one near the Elysian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/plan-for-4000-houses-in-cork-satellite-town-ballincollig-321709.html

Loads of new houses. Not sure where they could put a new road between Ballincollig and the City ? Any ideas ?

between the roundabout on the short dual carraigeway and CIT.

could be a good opportunity to build a BRT type operation along this new road to CIT. Create bus priority on this new stretch.

xgqMULm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Per thread title & the one near the Elysian.
    That hasn't clarified anything, good talk!

That hasn't clarified anything, good talk!

I rolled my eyes to office development (thread title) and the development near the elysian.

• Advertisement

I rolled my eyes to office development (thread title) and the development near the elysian.
    You rolled your eyes at 'another' office block

Another - being the crucial word here. You then called for more recreational based projects.

Myself and a few other posters listed multiple other projects taking off in Cork so as to show that it isn't just another office block after another, however you then hilariously decided to say 'Oh I'm not talking about that' 'per thread title and Elysium' - which doesn't line up with your original argument/gripe. You've essentially said 'another office block :rolleyes: that's two going up now'

Like I said, good talk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

The examiner has a number of articles today on all the development...didn't release it they included a new hotel...(if only the airport was sorted to bring tourist directly in) great to see but soon there better be a development announced in relation to transport. if they are not careful we could turn cork into the new Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jimmy Bottles

between the roundabout on the short dual carraigeway and CIT.

could be a good opportunity to build a BRT type operation along this new road to CIT. Create bus priority on this new stretch.

xgqMULm.jpg

Interesting. That would bring it through CIT though. Would it not make more sense to have the road go to the roundabout at the Dog Track ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

It would take very little to develop the road that runs through leisureworld and CIT.

I'm pretty sure UCC are planning a huge development on that land and behind the dog track, could definitely have another road to link with curraheen through there.

It would also spell the end of the green belt between Bishopstown and Ballincollig, which is well overdue imo.

9wdLNKf.jpg

from this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88340842

You rolled your eyes at 'another' office block

Another - being the crucial word here. You then called for more recreational based projects.

Myself and a few other posters listed multiple other projects taking off in Cork so as to show that it isn't just another office block after another, however you then hilariously decided to say 'Oh I'm not talking about that' 'per thread title and Elysium' - which doesn't line up with your original argument/gripe. You've essentially said 'another office block :rolleyes: that's two going up now'

Like I said, good talk

Being a bit pedantic here. Another officer block - I refer to to thread title and the one being constructed as I have mentioned before.

I don't have a gripe as I don't find going into the city enticing anyway and the construction of the proposed development at South Terrace/Copley Street will do little to change that.

• Advertisement

Being a bit pedantic here. Another officer block - I refer to to thread title and the one being constructed as I have mentioned before.

I don't have a gripe as I don't find going into the city enticing anyway and the construction of the proposed development at South Terrace/Copley Street will do little to change that.
    Absolutely being pedantic but the one liners you were responding with weren't helpful in figuring out exactly what you meant - this post does just that - you've clarified your thoughts on it & fair play for that.

I do think the responses regarding other developments occurring in or around these office blocks enticing people to the city were solid counter arguments to yours, the convention centre should be huge for Cork, there's massive excitement about it. Anyway agree to disagree but I do appreciate the clarification.

Absolutely being pedantic but the one liners you were responding with weren't helpful in figuring out exactly what you meant - this post does just that - you've clarified your thoughts on it & fair play for that.

I do think the responses regarding other developments occurring in or around these office blocks enticing people to the city were solid counter arguments to yours, the convention centre should be huge for Cork, there's massive excitement about it. Anyway agree to disagree but I do appreciate the clarification.

Couldn't agree more on this and hopes to come to fruition sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Are y'all ready for 'Trinity Quarter'.

http://www.trinityquarter.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I wish we stopped calling all developments 'quarters'. Delusions of grandeur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

All those outside areas and balconys will be lovely for the 3 days of sun we get a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

the robotic/zombie professional workers in that video cheered me up this morning:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭cgcsb

MrMac84 wrote: »
    All those outside areas and balconys will be lovely for the 3 days of sun we get a year!

Yeah sure we should just brick them up shouldn't we. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

cgcsb wrote: »
    Yeah sure we should just brick them up shouldn't we. :rolleyes:

Yes, and close off all our public spaces too. Cause 'of the weather'.

This is just a concept correct? If the event centre goes ahead then this & a potential hotel on the site of the old Fas office would see a massive change to the city centre skyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This is just a concept correct? If the event centre goes ahead then this & a potential hotel on the site of the old Fas office would see a massive change to the city centre skyline

And the events center after 1 Albert key too. Great too see some big sites back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

After witnessing the flooding again yesterday morning, I wonder will this really start? are they going to raise the wall on the river to stop the water flowing into their shiny new building?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭thomil

Check out the video on the Trinity Quarter website. The ground floor retail units are elevated above road level, you need to climb some steps to get into the building. If they install rails for a few of those metal shutters they have at the AIB building and the Imperial Hotel, they should be fine. The only troublesome things is the car park, but a bit of research on Google brought up several companies that produce watertight doors for that as well.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Just over three years gone since announced.Is it another white elephant like the Event Centre.Anyone have any update on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Just over three years gone since announced.Is it another white elephant like the Event Centre.Anyone have any update on it.

Most likely getting sufficient amount of tenants in place before commencing the build. I don’t think it’s in an as attractive a place as say Navigation House is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭snotboogie

There are a few of these around the city; along with this one there is Anderson Quay and Camden Quay, all announced about 3 years ago and no work done on any of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

snotboogie wrote: »
    There are a few of these around the city; along with this one there is Anderson Quay and Camden Quay, all announced about 3 years ago and no work done on any of them.

Strangely, I spotted demolition work going on at Camden Quay this morning. First time I had noticed anything in there in a verrrrry long time. Not sure if it was just a tiny bit of work or a sign that something was actually happening in there, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I wish we stopped calling all developments 'quarters'. Delusions of grandeur.

Quarter-this and Quarter-that. I suppose it makes a change from that other annoying buzz-word...'hubs'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Strangely, I spotted demolition work going on at Camden Quay this morning. First time I had noticed anything in there in a verrrrry long time. Not sure if it was just a tiny bit of work or a sign that something was actually happening in there, though.

That's probably for the development in the old mckenzies place they had to keep the façade but everything else is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 MollyMockit

When they is developments of offices to attract people to work in Cork I always wonder where they expect these people to live.

• Advertisement
Advertisement