Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Enigma 2 boxes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭rkdub

edison OS mini sounds good..
    but what are the thoughts on freetv.ie technomate-nano-3t.html
    option of internal mounted harddrive and faster proc?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

anybody got a back up image for the edison os mini that they find reputable :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Imstuck wrote: »
    anybody got a back up image for the edison os mini that they find reputable :-)

I loaded up the latest openvix on one 2 weeks ago and it's perfect.

http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Redriddick

rkdub wrote:
    edison OS mini sounds good.. but what are the thoughts on freetv.ie technomate-nano-3t.html option of internal mounted harddrive and faster proc?

Have one highly recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Redriddick wrote: »
    Have one highly recommend

Excellent receiver allright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭mobby

Just looking for a bit of advise. Current setups is a Ferguson Ariva 153 combi receiver gets me FTA and saorview, find it a bit slow interface wise and it a couple of years old, I was wondering would I be better of with Enigma 2 Box, would it me worth it to change, I have good broadband setup. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Is there any good guides on streaming channels from an Enigma 2 over a local network to Kodi or any other way that anyone would recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

You could use webif which is done by logging into your box 192.168.y.x where x is the IP of your box and Y your network router config (either 1 or 0).

On Android get the VU+ free app. Get VLC and you can then play off the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

walshy_c wrote: »
    Is there any good guides on streaming channels from an Enigma 2 over a local network to Kodi or any other way that anyone would recommend?

I use my RPi2 in both bedrooms. Installed Openelec on both and use VU+ Engima2 PVR Client add-on.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiLs46bx8rOAhVLCsAKHb7yAqcQFggeMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fopenelec.tv%2Fforum%2F79-tvheadend%2F64186-setting-vu-enigma2-client-addon&usg=AFQjCNELBL24OIuuiLXwDBhf2Dd-9wnG-w&bvm=bv.129759880,d.ZGg

Have network plugs connected to them as they are way better and way better than wifi, but wifi can still do the job with the odd buffering.

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Hi All, I've ordered the Edision OS Mini, any recommendations on image to use, thinking OpenVix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

fitze69 wrote: »
    Hi All, I've ordered the Edision OS Mini, any recommendations on image to use, thinking OpenVix?

yes openvix is nice straight forward image :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

Is there a one stop shop website for downloading up to date images for a Vu+ box? I'm getting one today and will be trying all the images out to see whats best for me.

try openvix . co . uk for up to date images,
    you'll have to configure it tho
    what vu you get

superg wrote: »
    Is there a one stop shop website for downloading up to date images for a Vu+ box? I'm getting one today and will be trying all the images out to see whats best for me.

GY A1 wrote: »
    try openvix . co . uk for up to date images,
    you'll have to configure it tho
    what vu you get

Cheers.

Getting a Duo2 from Sat Experts in Swords but he's out of the country so have to wait till this evening. Want to try all images not just Vix. Liked Blackhole a lot on my OS3+.

https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php seems to have a few images on it to try, that will get me started.

As an aside, I'll be selling the OS3, anyone any idea what its worth second hand? There's none for sale on adverts to gauge it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'd also recommend openvix image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i use openvix on original receivers but make 100% sure you are not buying a clone.

They might put a fully set up backup image on for u if u ask :-)
    Cheers.

Getting a Duo2 from Sat Experts in Swords but he's out of the country so have to wait till this evening. Want to try all images not just Vix. Liked Blackhole a lot on my OS3+.

https://vuplus-images.co.uk/index.php seems to have a few images on it to try, that will get me started.

As an aside, I'll be selling the OS3, anyone any idea what its worth second hand? There's none for sale on adverts to gauge it.

No I'd rather do the image stuff myself. got the box and all is good. have openvix on it now but I'll be trying loads more myself. I like playing around with them so don't want anyone doing it for me :). Its miles better than anything I've used before, a Ferrari compared to all the fiats I've had! Kodi is bit off though, have to do more research on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mconnn

Hi,

Would this be a bad time to buy a xtrend et 10000 to replace a freesat hdr which I own, a saorview box and a internet box like the wetek play 2 both of which I would need to buy.
    Would the xtrend be able to view netflix.
    Is the white version in the links below 100 euro cheaper because of colour?

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/hdtv-r...-receiver?c=52

Thanks for any help.
    Kind regards,
    mconnn

• Advertisement

might have to read back a page or 2 regarding saorview tuner ,is it dvb/t or dvb/t2.
    2 hdmi ports and one is g edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Ardent

mconnn wrote: »
    Hi,

Would this be a bad time to buy a xtrend et 10000 to replace a freesat hdr which I own, a saorview box and a internet box like the wetek play 2 both of which I would need to buy.
    Would the xtrend be able to view netflix.
    Is the white version in the links below 100 euro cheaper because of colour?

Thanks for any help.
    Kind regards,
    mconnn

Can't answer your specific questions but just want to say, as someone who has recently purchased one, the ET10000 is an excellent piece of kit. I belive that, yes, the white one is 100 euro cheaper purely because of colour. I bought a white one.

I sometimes find I run out of tuners on my xtrend ET10000 while recording. Anyone know if adding another of these and looping through to it is the way to go ?

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1952/xtrend-dvb-s2-tuner-et-8000-/-et-10000?c=52

Hi,

Ardent good to see you are enjoying the et10000.
    Greasepalm am I correct in that dvb-s2 is connecting to a satellite dish and dvb-c/t2 is connecting to a terrestrial aerial for saorview.
    I have no idea what the difference are between the g and non g model, well spotted I missed that on the listing.

Kind regards,
    mconnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

Ardent wrote: »
    I sometimes find I run out of tuners on my xtrend ET10000 while recording. Anyone know if adding another of these and looping through to it is the way to go ?

https://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/hdtv-receiver-sat/xtrend/1952/xtrend-dvb-s2-tuner-et-8000-/-et-10000?c=52

Those tuners will do the job for satellite signals okay, you would have to connect a new cable from the lnb if you want to be able to record any channel.

If you use a loop through I think that you will only be able record a channel on the same transponder as the the original tuner is on.

yes dvb/s= sat
    dvb/c is cable tuner switchable to terrestrial.

It has a DVB-T2 tuner so is suitable for Saorview and Freeview HD channels.

i have the black g edition 10000.

white for use in kitchen where all things used to be white,fridge,freezer etc.

each sat tuner needs its own feed.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks for the info greasepalm.
    What is different about the g version, just colour.

Kind regards,
    mconnn

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

The white version looks sexy beside my black equipment, anyways who looks at the box? Arent we meant to look at the tv? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

quick query

is it possible to configure a engima 2 box box to only show the kids channels and nothing else?

i you only show the kids bouquet but by pressing the red button youll get a list of all the channels.

so anyone any ideas on how to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

irishgeo wrote: »
    quick query

is it possible to configure a engima 2 box box to only show the kids channels and nothing else?

i you only show the kids bouquet but by pressing the red button youll get a list of all the channels.

You could use dreamboxedit and download all your channels to your pc, delete all the channels that you don't want and upload the remaining channels back into the box.

I don't know if theres a way to do it directly on the box via the remote but it would be very monotonous to have to delete the unwanted channels one by one.

Yes
    In auto bouquet maker you can hide what ever bouquet groups you want.
    irishgeo wrote: »
    quick query

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

GY A1 wrote: »
    Yes
    In auto bouquet maker you can hide what ever bouquet groups you want.

But the channels are still listed in the all channels options?

further thinking of that would be to upload channel list to pc,think its dreambox edit and then send back to box so your altered list is much smaller,autobouquets maker if selected might replace all missing removed channels so maybe dont run it.

you can setup boxes without doing an all scan and just use abm and then hide sections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just saw there that Sat-Shop.co.uk have a special offer on the Alien 1 ,2 and 3 until next Wednesday .
    http://www.sat-shop.co.uk/store/sate...oliday-bonanza

Alien 2 is £69
    Alien 1 is £59
    and Alien 3 is £69

Delivery to the North is £6 ,then use Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard

So that brings the Alien 2 in at around 92 - 93 euro delivered to the door in the Republic .
    Superb value that .

Any reason why you wouldn't go for the alien 3 given it's the same price as the alien 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Ardent wrote: »
    Any reason why you wouldn't go for the alien 3 given it's the same price as the alien 2?

Because it's a different type of receiver altogether, android based and runs only on spark with a single sat tuner, no enigma2.
    I think it's fair to say the alien 3 fell on its arris

having issues getting openvix onto my OS Mini, basically have the required files on a USB but its failing to install when I turn on and off with the USB plugged in. It recognizes the usb in openatv,(came preinstalled) anyone know if there is a way of dropping the files in over the network and restarting the install for vix?

having issues getting openvix onto my OS Mini, basically have the required files on a USB but its failing to install when I turn on and off with the USB plugged in. It recognizes the usb in openatv,(came preinstalled) anyone know if there is a way of dropping the files in over the network and restarting the install for vix?

Im sure you have done this but have you pressed the button on the remote like it prompts you when the USB is connected ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

yabadabado wrote: »
    Im sure you have done this but have you pressed the button on the remote like it prompts you when the USB is connected ?

ya i was gonna say the same thing, i had to reflash mine the other day.
    Make sure you have:
    1. formatted the usb to fat32
    2. downloaded a version of open vix
    3. unzipped the file and moved the update folder into the usb
    4. power off your stb
    5. plug in the usb
    6. power on stb
    7. watch the screen it should prompt to either press power button on stb or on remote
    It should start flashing from there and take a minute or 2.
    Here is a link to http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/downloads/edision-images/edision-os-mini/ Openvix images, try a few different ones, latest release might have a few kinks.

Try a different USB stick or format the USB stick with
    HP format tool
    http://filehippo.com/download_hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool/

Do you have to just copy the OSmini folder to the root of the USB or do you have to try burn it as an image?

• Advertisement

Do you have to just copy the OSmini folder to the root of the USB or do you have to try burn it as an image?

Just the folder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

usb sticks can be hit or miss, kingston always gave me 100% success.

biggest downfall is not buying the 8gb kingston usb stick and using for flashing and saving epg to usb plugged into rear of box.cruzer and integral were also listed as working.

greasepalm wrote: »
    biggest downfall is not buying the 8gb kingston usb stick and using for flashing and saving epg to usb plugged into rear of box.cruzer and integral were also listed as working.

would agree .Well worth getting the 8gb drive to load image and then keep for EPG.USB drives are very cheap now so well worth having one just for EPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

greasepalm wrote: »

sandisk cruzer are excellent, very compact, sit snugly in usb port so don't get knocked about easily.

i also bought these micro usb and use these in other boxes for epg as they will never get knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I have noticed this going from image to image on occasion it simply wont recognise the usb stick.

Anyway just the let the box boot you can install it from within the image using the rootfs.bin (its one of the install files within the directory on usb)

Lads thanks for all the help, got a new USB and used the HP tool and worked straight away, looks a lot easier than openatv , I'm sure I'll be back with more questions😀

Told you I'd be back:) Can anyone recommend an external HDD to use on the osmini ,it doesn't like my current one and last question is there a full version of kodi for this image, I don't see it in the available plugins?

• Advertisement

Did you initialise and mount the HDD ?

I put a WD Elements 500gb HDD with a OS Mini and it's working fine.

Advertisement