Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recomendation for a new board for i5 4690k

Options
  • 27-03-2015 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I am rma ing my asrock extreme 4 am3 board and was going to jump ship to intel while im at it and sell my old fx 6300.
    Anyone got a recomendation for a new z97 board or similar. Will be doing some overclocking as well.
    Will a 450w superflower be up to the job? Gpu is a 7870xt which will upgrade in a few months if the newer cards prove to be a major jump up and are a reasonable price.
    Any good bundles out there?

Will i see much of a boost in performance with this upgrade?

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

I was thinking of going for something like a MSI gaming 5 board but not sure if they are any good or just overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Brianconway_

The MSI MPower Z97 Seems like a good board for the price.
    You should check it out!
    Hope you build works out for you!
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

450W is loads for a single GPU build.

I've a gigabyte GA Z97P D3 I'm happy enough with, the ASRock Extreme 3s review well too

Advertisement