Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hollystown

Options
  • 27-03-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are thinking of buying a house in Hollystown, Dublin 15 and we are wondering about schools? Does anyone living in Hollystown know if it's hard to get into Kilbride school or we would have to go to Tyrrelstown?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I don't think it's hard, I know someone who had her kids transferred there from the school in Tyrellstown (St. Luke's).

You have a few options, there are a number of primary schools in TTown (St. Lukes, Ttown educate together, Powerstown Educate together and the new Gaelscoil). There is also Ladyswell N.S. a few more minutes down the road. It's a big school, it has DEIS status because it's known to be in a disadvantaged area but it has many Yellow Flags, Blue Flags and numerous awards, it has a pretty good atheletics team, homework club, breakfast club and they also run lots of parent courses (First Aid on at the moment) through out the year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I know it pretty well feel free to PM me.
    Back in the days when my parents lived there all the small children went to Kilbride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

January wrote: »
    I don't think it's hard, I know someone who had her kids transferred there from the school in Tyrellstown (St. Luke's).

It is now, many kids from the Hollystown area didn't get a place in Kilbride this year, I think due to reduced space because of construction but not 100% on that.

There's been a big demand the last few years so lots don't get places who look for one.

Crazy how things can change within a year!

Although both kids were moved from Senior Infants and 3rd class so they're weren't looking for JI places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I would guess that's the reason, not looking for junior infant places. Last year they filled 2 junior infant classes.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I would guess that's the reason, not looking for junior infant places. Last year they filled 2 junior infant classes.

Crazy and I always considered Kilbride a tiny village school... How are they coping space wise?

Advertisement