Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Presenters

• 27-03-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, lets pretend we're the producers who would we choose as the new presenters.....

off the top of my head i'd go for....

Johnathon Ross, Jodi Kidd and Richard Hammond (thats if, he wants to stay on..if not then Jonny Smith from fifth gear)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sabine, is that how her name is spelt?

Edd China, although I dunno how he might be locked in with Discovery through Wheeler Dealers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

James May, then two from Steve Sutcliffe, Suzi Perry and maybe Chris Harris or Chris Evans (he seems to have grown up a bit), or a former racing/bike driver like Carl Fogarty, Irvine or Coulthard (or even Ben Collins). Having some of them on rotation might be an ideal solution.

Can't stand Hammond.

Might be an idea to get a couple of guest presenters in for the challenges along with one or two of the main presenters; someone like Jimmy Carr, Paul Merton, Ian Hislop etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Chris Evans as the lead with Tom Ford (ex 5th gear) and either Steve Coogan or seeing as he's not up to much Jay Kay??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Sabine, is that how her name is spelt?

Edd China, although I dunno how he might be locked in with Discovery through Wheeler Dealers.

Dosent Sabine Schmitt do a German version of TG??

Edd China is fine for WD but a funny query presenter he is not. Besides he was briefly on TG during season one with Jason Dawe, before James May replaced him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Forget it, Really, just forget it.

Jonathan Meades, Victoria Coren, Dara O'Briain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭mike2084

Dosent Sabine Schmitt do a German version of TG??

Edd China is fine for WD but a funny query presenter he is not. Besides he was briefly on TG during season one with Jason Dawe, before James May replaced him.

She does I think, I remember them being in a race against the three amigos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Steven Fry, Craig Charles and Mr Bean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Knowing the BBC I wouldn't be surprised if Claudia Winkleman was involved somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

William Woollard, Chris Goffey and Quentin Willson. With Tiffany Dell as the Stig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Skatedude wrote: »
    Steven Fry, Craig Charles and Mr Bean

Changed my mind. Steven Fry, William Shatner and Mr Bean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Bruce forsyth!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've seen Guy Martins name mentioned in some places. He wouldn't be a bad choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 XC90_D5

Mat Watson from Carbuyer would be an excellent presenter! A woman presenter might also prove interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Kay Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

lertsnim wrote: »
    I've seen Guy Martins name mentioned in some places. He wouldn't be a bad choice.

his yorkshire accent is too heavy, you'd need subtitles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bring back Viki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Jeremy Clarkson, James May. BECAUSE THEY ARE TOP GEAR! NO ONE CAN REPLACE THEM! Hammond is replaceable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

fryup wrote: »
    his yorkshire accent is too heavy, you'd need subtitles

That's not a Yorkshire accent. It's Lincolnshire, but he isn't the easiest to understand, you're right about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Jeremy Clarkson, James May. BECAUSE THEY ARE TOP GEAR! NO ONE CAN REPLACE THEM! Hammond is replaceable.

Clarkson is Top Gear, the other two are replaceable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Currently rumours of a new car programme coming to sky .

Top Speed fronted by Clarkson , Hammond , may .

Hopefully it's true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Jodie Kidd is also now a joint fav now, Rebecca Jackson (racing driver & used car seller) could be a better option.

But at the end of the day it's a lads show for the lads, and lads listen better to other lads at the end of the day (very elementary advertising psych). Coogan might be good, please god not gadget freaks fry or bradbury.

Current list in sequence of shortest odds:
    Dermot OLeary
    Jodie Kidd
    Guy Martin
    Chris Evans
    No New Presenter - Richard Hammond and James May
    Edd China
    Jason Bradbury
    John Bishop
    Johnny Vaughan
    Stephen Fry
    Steve Coogan
    Richard Ayoade

Ladbrokes going short on Coogan (x8) at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Gatling wrote: »

Hopefully it's true

Not true.. Rupert Murdoch has said Sky have no interest in Clarkson as he is no longer "family friendly".

So its ITV or Ch4..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Gatling wrote: »

Hopefully it's true

I imagine they have a non-compete clause in their contract. So you wont see them on air for a while.

But I say netflix might pick them up. TG is huge globally and TG could attract an older audience to netflix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Halle Berry, Jasmine Grabus and Kathia Nobili would be ideal.

Cars could be the set, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Steve Coogan, but only if he does it as Alan Partridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Thematic in-character line up of: Partridge, The Anchorman, Vic Reeves and Keith Lemon quad-combo would be a ratings winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Chris Evans, Jodie Kidd and... Roy Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Keith Chegwin, Bruno Brooks & The Chuckle Brothers.

Dream team right there..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

mackeire wrote: »
    Steve Coogan, but only if he does it as Alan Partridge.

He said he'd never do another series of Partridge, which is what it'd be

Guy Martin is a good shout, he's bright and entertaining.....Johny Vaughan would be another of my picks, but like Partridge perhaps a little too over powering it would become the Johny Vaughan show

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Say I'd have to pick Jeremy Clarkson James may and Richard hammond :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I heard that there is pressure from BBC Ethics and Management to have Mishal Husain in to allow it to appeal to a more holistic audience. Jane Hill is said to be in negotiations to be the Clarkson replacement...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

I heard that there is pressure from BBC Ethics and Management to have Mishal Husain in to allow it to appeal to a more holistic audience. Jane Hill is said to be in negotiations to be the Clarkson replacement...

... And on the back of that I just got an email to say Hill is out but Catriona Shearer is now in the game....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Please do; no faster way to kill it that way...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Guy Martin
    Ed China
    And that Scottish bloke of "The Garage" that used to be on Discovery..

Or Mike Oldfield.. He seemed to have the TopGear thing sussed back in the 70's..

Take one old airfield and have some fun with machines!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hXIwdXNwYA&spfreload=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Patww79 wrote: »

Why would they be? They are the norm for most industries. Eg WWE wrestlers arent allowed to in other industries eg MMA for at least a year after they leave WWE.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

hfallada wrote: »
    But I say netflix might pick them up. TG is huge globally and TG could attract an older audience to netflix

Has Netflix ever gotten fully behind a British production?

Advertisement